Window blinds

Jock

Hi all, I recently purchased window blinds for my car but like some others on here I would've liked the rear window blind to be one piece. I was wondering if anyone had ever sewed/knitted them together or even cable tied them? Would something like that even be possible? Thanks.

Are these the car shades product?
If so I doubt it could be done.
As you know the strong wire type frame is how they keep in place so cutting that out would in my opinion take away the tension, but I know what you mean regards the joining parts in the middle, it would have been better if it was all one piece.
I've had mine quite a while now and I don't notice it to be honest.

I agree with @johnnyfartbox you don’t really notice them after a while. If they were one piece I wonder if the middle would be prone to sagging or flapping? That said I’m sure if there was a clear pics of plastic in the centre it would help with rigidity and be less visa or.

S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these the car shades product?
If so I doubt it could be done.
As you know the strong wire type frame is how they keep in place so cutting that out would in my opinion take away the tension, but I know what you mean regards the joining parts in the middle, it would have been better if it was all one piece.
I've had mine quite a while now and I don't notice it to be honest.
I didn't mean cut the wire, I meant join the two centre wires by a series of wool loops or something butting the two centre wires together. I apologise for any confusion.

I done this yesterday with cable ties and I am very happy with the result. No overlap or gaps. I tried to upload a pic but it says, "file too large."? If anyone is interested I placed the blinds directly on top of each other, marked the edges with chalk marks where the holes were going, pushed a large sewing needle through as close to the wire as possible (both at same time where marks were), threaded the smallest black cable ties I could find and pulled them tight before cutting the excess off. The hardest part is making sure the holes line up because if not will cause a pull on the blind.

sketch-1603142317377.png

Could only manage this one

Thank you again, what do you think the issue with the other one is? I can take another picture.

On your phone, go to the settings for your camera and choose the lowest setting for the size of the file, in other words, you need to choose the lowest mega pixels.
You should see a list of Mega pixel size

I don’t understand the photo of the blinds.
They are both the same size?
I thought it would be one for the flat window and one for the bottom peice (not that I’ve ever actually looked at the window from the inside :rolleyes:)

Back