Window Question

Kleynie

A2OC Donor
Hi all,
Fitted a new door today, to replace my dented one. However, the window is getting stuck half way up. So, I'm sure someone must have cleared the window frame and eliminated this problem, and if anyone has, can you please tell me what the best way to clear the frame is?
Thanks,

Adam

When you say it is getting stuck, is there a physical obstruction in the frame or just the electric motor or manual winder stops short? Did you swap the whole door or just the lower and refitted the original glass upper?

When you say it is getting stuck, is there a physical obstruction in the frame or just the electric motor or manual winder stops short? Did you swap the whole door or just the lower and refitted the original glass upper?
It's like there's something in there, It's not just stopping suddenly, it's slowing down and then retracting slightly, like it should when there is an obstruction. The whole door has been swapped.

Probably just dry. Spray some WD40 (Mr Sheen if you have none) on the inside of the surround where the glass moves and try again.

OK , if you try lifting the glass while holding the up switch does it reach the top, Was the door stored with the window down? Give the frame channel and the window glass a good cleaning and apply a lubricant WD40 my choice and let it soak and reapply 3 or 4 more times. If still no luck you could fit the glass upper from the original door as at least you know that works. Frames are pretty substantial so unlikely to be distorted more likely dry or full of mold etc. You will have to train the window to the up and down positions so one touch will work. When it slows the motor is struggling and reaches the point where it thinks something is trapped in the window hence it backs off.

@Kleynie any joy with the stuck window?
To cut a long story short, I decided to put the dented door back onto the car because I had a few other problems with it, so I didn't try. Dependent on what I decide to do with the door, I may still get it sorted.

You could swap the glass upper from your dented door onto the good base. At least now with the door off you can turn it in all directions to get the spray to fully clean and lubricate the window channel.

You could swap the glass upper from your dented door onto the good base. At least now with the door off you can turn it in all directions to get the spray to fully clean and lubricate the window channel.
There was more problems that weren't the window frame unfortunately, otherwise I would have swapped them as you have suggested. If I can first fix the problems with the other door, then I can clean it and maybe swap the window frames. I'll have to see what I decide to do.

~OK if you have other questions let us know. How bad is the dent, with the inner trim off you can easily access the back of the dent and try pushing it out, just do it slowly and try to avoid cracking the paint.

Back