Xcarlink bluetooth issues

Beagles

I've fitted an Xcarlink system with Bluetooth which works perfectly apart from that every time I switch the car off, when I switch it back on again, I have to manually re-pair my android phone.

I'm wondering whether it might be me having incorrectly wired the unit? Or is this expected behaviour? It is earthed to the body of the stereo.

Bluetooth on my phone does automatically reconnect to other devices (which were not connected at the same time as this extended testing).

From my searching it seems that a workaround is to install an app that will automatically re-pair, however, I'd love to get this working properly without this kind of fudging.

Any help appreciated!

I've fitted an Xcarlink system with Bluetooth which works perfectly apart from that every time I switch the car off, when I switch it back on again, I have to manually re-pair my android phone.

I'm wondering whether it might be me having incorrectly wired the unit? Or is this expected behaviour? It is earthed to the body of the stereo.

Bluetooth on my phone does automatically reconnect to other devices (which were not connected at the same time as this extended testing).

From my searching it seems that a workaround is to install an app that will automatically re-pair, however, I'd love to get this working properly without this kind of fudging.

Any help appreciated!
That doesn't sound right. My Xcarlink recognizes my iphone every time. On the other hand the hands-free microphone supplied never worked from day one so soon I will be replacing it with an original Audi microphone thanks to @timmus

That doesn't sound right. My Xcarlink recognizes my iphone every time. On the other hand the hands-free microphone supplied never worked from day one so soon I will be replacing it with an original Audi microphone thanks to @timmus

Hmm. I should hopefully be seeing @timmus at some point in the new year so can maybe add it to the jobs list then.

I emailed Xcarlink about it a few days back but so far had no response. I'm presuming that it is my inexperienced fitting rather than a faulty unit?

I have the same experience as you using Android, i thought it might just work that way but if it's working correctly for iPhone it would be nice to have it auto syncing also. Would be interested to know of others experiences.

Have you tested it with another mobile device? It could be an issue with your phone OS....worth trying.

Just tested with an iPhone XR and not only did it not auto-reconnect, to connect again I needed to forget the existing Xcarlink option before I could connect again.

When I switch on the radio and select the Xcarlink, it always plays a welcome message and tells me to connect on my device via its Bluetooth menu.

Check the wiring diagram you have used with another just in case something has been printer wrong. Recheck all your wiring as to me it sounds like the memory is on a switched live not constant. Other people here have Xcarlink, may be worth asking them for their wiring instructions. 2001 vehicle may require different wiring or a module if can bus incompatible.

Check the wiring diagram you have used with another just in case something has been printer wrong. Recheck all your wiring as to me it sounds like the memory is on a switched live not constant. Other people here have Xcarlink, may be worth asking them for their wiring instructions. 2001 vehicle may require different wiring or a module if can bus incompatible.
I think, and could easily be wrong, that as a late 2001 A2 I do have the more upto date CAN bus. The wiring is nothing fancy. I followed the instructions in this video:

Wiring looks like this:
IMG_20181128_153613744.jpg

I've also fitted the Xcarlink system with Bluetooth recently which works great with my iPhone 8 but it does take a little while to connect each time I switch on the ignition. It says it's connected but I do have to wait for the headphone symbol to show on the iPhone screen at which point any music will then play through the car.

If the XCarLink is working (the lady talks to you through the car's speakers about going to the phone's Bluetooth menu, you can connect your phone, play music, etc), then it's definitely wired properly. To be honest, it'd be difficult not to wire it correctly because it's all very plug-n-play.
The issues described here are either due to a software fault in the XCarLink unit or due to the phone's OS getting itself confused.

Cheers,

Tom

If the XCarLink is working (the lady talks to you through the car's speakers about going to the phone's Bluetooth menu, you can connect your phone, play music, etc), then it's definitely wired properly. To be honest, it'd be difficult not to wire it correctly because it's all very plug-n-play.
The issues described here are either due to a software fault in the XCarLink unit or due to the phone's OS getting itself confused.

Cheers,

Tom

That's reassuring, thank you @timmus , was fairly certain I'd got it right. Have chased up Xcarlink as it's unlikely every phone I've tried to connect has had an issue.

That's reassuring, thank you @timmus , was fairly certain I'd got it right. Have chased up Xcarlink as it's unlikely every phone I've tried to connect has had an issue.

I have this exact same XCarLink device in my car, as discussed here: https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/iphone-integration-a-cup-holder-transformed.25265/

It works absolutely perfectly. When I switch on the ignition, my phone auto-connects, etc, etc. It works exactly as you'd want/expect. I suspect yours may be duff.

Cheers,

Tom

Any help appreciated!

I have a similar problem happening.

Most times the pairing appears to still be present and when I Select the cd changer on my Symphony head unit, the ‘play timer’ counts up and the xcarlink option is available on my iPhone. But no sound is played.

For me, powering the whole thing off and restarting and repairing makes it all work again. It doesn’t fail every time, but around 50% I would say. Restarting everything is now achieved by my permanently having the fuse cover removed and I just pull and reinsert the fuse for the radio.

It’s frustrating to be honest, but I’ve lived with it for nearly 12 months now.

Alan

I have a similar problem happening.

Most times the pairing appears to still be present and when I Select the cd changer on my Symphony head unit, the ‘play timer’ counts up and the xcarlink option is available on my iPhone. But no sound is played.

For me, powering the whole thing off and restarting and repairing makes it all work again. It doesn’t fail every time, but around 50% I would say. Restarting everything is now achieved by my permanently having the fuse cover removed and I just pull and reinsert the fuse for the radio.

It’s frustrating to be honest, but I’ve lived with it for nearly 12 months now.

Alan
Goodness me that sounds like a pain!

Quick update, Xcarlink have said that this unit must be faulty and so I'm posting it back for a replacement one to be sent out. Hopefully this new one will work as intended!

My xcarlink worked with a previous android s6 now with a note 8 it connects as described above but to play music I have to touck the up volume on phone. It then instantly comes on at the set volume.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I (finally!) have a replacement unit from XCarlink which I've fitted today and has solved all of these issues. So the problem was a defective unit which XCarlink were very good about replacing although it did take quite a while to come through due to a defect in their ordering system.

I (finally!) have a replacement unit from XCarlink which I've fitted today and has solved all of these issues. So the problem was a defective unit which XCarlink were very good about replacing although it did take quite a while to come through due to a defect in their ordering system.
Hi Beagles,
I think I’ve got the same problem, keeps on losing the Bluetooth connection, will have to contact
Xcarlink

Back