Yes, it´s christmas time...

Kossu013

Greetings from Finland, `was just approved to A2OC and heres my welcome present for all Audi A2 lovers...

This is what happens when someone drives + 40km/h in your rear , my 2002 Audi A2 had only 75.000km on clock and this happened :( My wife was turning on to our home street and the dude who crashed had litlle bit too hurry on way to somewhere and outcome was this, also he got very bad winter tires in his car, he had those "european winter tyres" not "nordic winter tyres"

Very nice christmas present but luckily my wife who was driving got nothing but bit neck pain, thanks to airbags and belt tensioners. Biggest loss were two dozen eggs which were in the trunk :) and luckily she left my dog with me when she went shopping.

Seems that aluminium Audi is strongly built after all...even if some say its just too small car to be safe.

well, time to find another A2 with low mileage as soon as insurance company pays back, only good thing is that during this corona lockdowns and rest car prices has gone up at least in Sweden and here in Finland so if i get bit lucky its time for uppgrade when i (will) buy another A2.

Greetings from Finland, Kossu

Attachments

• IMG_20221210_181101.jpg
    IMG_20221210_181101.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 124
Ouch!! 🤕 Thank goodness no-one was seriously hurt, that looks like a strong impact.

Welcome to the forum, and very sorry to read about these circumstances so soon after joining. Good luck with the insurance company, I hope they don't muck you about and make derisory offers like they do over here. I understand that A2's are quite rare in Finland but we have other Finnish members on here and more in Sweden, who might know of one for sale that you can potentially get to.

Greetings from Finland, `was just approved to A2OC and heres my welcome present for all Audi A2 lovers...

This is what happens when someone drives + 40km/h in your rear , my 2002 Audi A2 had only 75.000km on clock and this happened :( My wife was turning on to our home street and the dude who crashed had litlle bit too hurry on way to somewhere and outcome was this, also he got very bad winter tires in his car, he had those "european winter tyres" not "nordic winter tyres"

Very nice christmas present but luckily my wife who was driving got nothing but bit neck pain, thanks to airbags and belt tensioners. Biggest loss were two dozen eggs which were in the trunk :) and luckily she left my dog with me when she went shopping.

Seems that aluminium Audi is strongly built after all...even if some say its just too small car to be safe.

well, time to find another A2 with low mileage as soon as insurance company pays back, only good thing is that during this corona lockdowns and rest car prices has gone up at least in Sweden and here in Finland so if i get bit lucky its time for uppgrade when i (will) buy another A2.

Greetings from Finland, Kossu
Oh Dear,
I'm glad your wife was not too badly hurt and I hope she recovers quickly.

Safety Rating equivalent of a Coke can !
It's reassuring that the crash performance of the A2 is fairly good. With the sub zero temperatures we are experiencing in the UK this December my young son was telling me I should get a car with a better safety record. After checking the internet he had to admit he was wrong when he discovered that my old 'Coke can' has an NCAP 4 star rating.

Winter Tyres
I have had the pleasure of experiencing driving in Finland and it was a real discovery of how much grip is available when :-
- the ice & snow is relatively dry
- your car is fitted with studded tyres

Unfortunately I think Darwin's theory applies to the bad drivers across Lapland / Scandinavia

Hope you find a replacement A2 soon.

Regards,
Raymie

Last edited:
After checking the internet he had to admit he was wrong when he discovered that my old 'Coke can' has an NCAP 4 star rating.
That is 2000 4 star rating, not 2022 ;). Testing standards and stars have changed a few times in these years.

But the A2 above really protected the passenger space, which is great.
I am glad nobody was hurt, and good luck with sourcing new a A2.
PS: can you post another photo from the back?

ok, here`s best back image i got before car was towed away.And yes, there were VW polo studded tyres under as i didnt still have decent aluminium wheels for freshly bought Pirelli ice zero tyres...well, maybe i find another A2 before christmas but i higly doubt, prices have gone up even in germany if you`re looking cars under 100K kms :(

Attachments

• IMG_20221210_175747.jpg
    IMG_20221210_175747.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 68
Back