Hi all from Barcelona

jaumet

Hi all , I greet you from Barcelona.

Excuse but English is not my native language and I use the google translator

I am a new owner of a AUDI A2 that I bought two weeks ago , is a 1.4 TDI 55 kw red no extras , it has 180,000 miles and is very well preserved

I am an old AUDI customer and I have an Audi A4 1.9 TDI 110 hp with 300,000 km since 1988, and a AUDI Q7 3.0 TDI 233 cv since 2006 with 160,000 km

I hope your help in any changes that I make already asks you if I can't find them in the forum.

I have the original VCDS and I make a few retrofittings to the audi Q7, original rear camera , original TDT, Original SDS , and aftermarket rear entertainment, I could do more , factory already equipe with a few things.
Air pneumatic suspension
Open sky system
Adaptaive cruise control
S -line (interior)
Navigation , AMI , Telephone , etc.

At the AUDI A2 I would like to retrofit
Cruise Control
Navigation (original or aftermarket)
Telephone
Board computer
DRL
Remote control to open doors
Open sky (it's possible?)

Thank you all for this wonderful A2 forum

Jaumet

Bienvenido!
Cruise control is a common mod. There is a really good guide out there, in german...
There are some mods done with the Audi RNS units for navigation. Search the forum.
Telephone? I think the RNS has bluetooth.
Board computer? What do you mean?
DRL, it's just a matter about finding the right DRL and getting the wiring correct. There is a thread about DRLs aswell.
If you car isn't fitted with remote unlockning of doors, it's a no go.
Don't know about the open sky. I guess it'd be very, very hard to do. Much more economic to just get an A2 with Open Sky instead.

Thanks for your welcome.
I have been studying the ETKA and ELSA and I could see that the cruise control is easy, I just have to connect 3 or 4 wires to the appropriate unit and register it with vagcom.
About the onboard computer, I mean change the tacho with full FIS and install the new arm and making connections.
The open sky system, thought to be aluminum like a Range Rover, this will not stuck with welding and is screwed.

Thanks and I'll keep asking

Hello.

Only one question.

I can see in ETKA, the unit confort have the same reference when the car it's with or without remote control in both system the reference is 8Z0 959 433 N (Carrier frequency 433.92-4,42 Mhz). In the ELSA I can see the electric schemes and the only diference it's the antenna.
Can anybody knows if It's possible convert the system if I buy the remote control original and install the antenna?

thanks

At the AUDI A2 I would like to retrofit
Cruise Control
Navigation (original or aftermarket)
Telephone
Board computer
DRL
Remote control to open doors
Open sky (it's possible?)

Thank you all for this wonderful A2 forum

Jaumet

Hi Jaumet, and welcome. :)

Cruise control - a relatively easy retrofit if you're familiar with wiring diagrams, are comfortable working with the engine management in/out pins, VCDS, etc.
Navigation - not really my area. I have a love of maps, and when needs be there's always the iPhone. :)
Board computer - FIS (or DIS, as it is called in English) can be retrofitted, but it's not easy. There's quite a lot of information on the forum about this. Try searching for 'DIS retrofit'.
Remote control - All UK A2s were sold with this feature, even the most basic ones, so nobody here has ever retrofitted this. However, it could be as simple as getting remote keys that transmit on the correct frequency and recoding/adapting the central convenience (comfort) unit. The locks are all the same.
OpenSky - Eh, in all of Europe, I think this has been done once or twice. So, it's possible, but you've really got to know your stuff.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Hello.

Only one question.

I can see in ETKA, the unit confort have the same reference when the car it's with or without remote control in both system the reference is 8Z0 959 433 N (Carrier frequency 433.92-4,42 Mhz). In the ELSA I can see the electric schemes and the only diference it's the antenna.
Can anybody knows if It's possible convert the system if I buy the remote control original and install the antenna?

thanks

I suggest the best option is to find 8Z0 959 433 AF and get keys of the appropriate frequency. This unit has the antenna integrated and is the most reliable of the available comfort units.

Older A2s usually use 8Z0 959 433 Q, which is commonly available, but is far less reliable than the AF-type. I have a spare key and a spare Q-type comfort unit (which work together), but the comfort unit is showing signs of failure. Lau, a member based in Germany, can repair Q-type comfort units. Obviously you would need to change the blade (the metal part of the key) and the transponder chip (for the immobiliser to work).

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Ok thank you very much, if it's possible for me tomorrow I make a test with my actuall N version.

Jaumet

Hello, sorry for a lot of time.

I buy a AUDI A2 central convenience unit 8Z0 959 433AF 1.6 FSI 53 REG, I believe that alone I will have to copy the codification of the old central convenience to the new one, what do you think?

I have a key of my old A4 with remote control, can I recoding my new central for work with this A4's remote control?

If this key works fine in a second step I buy a new key

Jaumet

Last edited:
Hello, sorry for a lot of time.

I buy a AUDI A2 central convenience unit 8Z0 959 433AF 1.6 FSI 53 REG, I believe that alone I will have to copy the codification of the old central convenience to the new one, what do you think?

I have a key of my old A4 with remote control, can I recoding my new central for work with this A4's remote control?

If this key works fine in a second step I buy a new key

Jaumet

I have swapped several CCCUs over the years and I have never had to do any coding apart from matching the keys again.

Steve B

Thank you Birchall.

Can you any comment for the remote control?

Jaumet

HI,

you would need access to something like a VCDS (VAGCOM) cable and software to save you having to pay an Audi dealer for the work.
The car will work fine and it is not going to affect the immobiliser etc. you will just be without the remote locking until the keys are paired again.

Steve B

Thanks Birchall, I have the original cable VCDS, so I can reprogram the ECU

Jaumet

Hi,

Google "Audi A2 key programme" or similar and you should find a step by step guide, it is easy enough when you know how.

Steve B

Hi All

I explain my progress.

I've mounted the Chorus2 and I had to modify the installation since radio BECKER MEXICO has a similar wiring to a radius AUDI Generation1

The wire from ignition canceled and lighting also

The CHORUS2 Radio only need positive wire and ground.

In this step.
1. The radio does not turn on when you put the key in ignition
2. The radio does not close when you take the key from ignition.
2. When you turn the lights ON the radio is not illuminated.

After researching I saw the lighting and ignition recognized for the Can Hi and Can Low.
According to the wiring diagrams Can Hi and Can Low will arrive the instruments cluster and seen that the Pins were occupied, I believed that as the unit of air conditioning is closer to the radio I have bridged the Can Hi and Can Low of climate to Can Hi and Low Can the CHORUS2
When I bridged the lighting works fine

I have not gotten is that CHORUS2 turns ON when the ignition ON and OFF when the ignition is off or when you remove the key.

Any help please?

Jaumet

Last edited:
Thanks Spike

I saw the emulator, but I always prefer to do an original installation.

I'll see the link.

Jaumet

I've seen the link carigyb and I think I did well.

in the following scheme I have seen that the wires are the instruments cluster to climatronick, these wires have done the bridge.

Climatronic-Panel-Intrumentos.jpg

Hello.

I have change my 8Z0 959 433 S (coding 0296) to 8Z0 959 433 AF (coding 06859) when I scan with vcds I can see many errors, and I change the old coding 06859 to 0296, but I need to know all the others coding.
Can anybody send me the all Coding, I have searching in the forum but I don't see any info.

I can't programan the remote key's when I change the chanel 21 o to 1 and play DO IT he don't recongnice the new coding.

Thank you

Jaumet

Last edited:
Back