Slight lack of go

Foggy

Had my 1.4TDi serviced yesterday and the drive home was fine. Started it this morning and drove about 1/2 mile no probs but when I was going down a hill in about 4th gear, there was suddenly an audible diesel clatter from the engine bay which lasted about 5 secs and since then I find I'm not getting that sprightly whizz from part throttle in the gears that I normally get. I'm having to give more throttle to get the same sort of acceleration.

I took it back to the guys who serviced it and they plugged in the diagnostic tool which read two error codes; 1 for engine temp sensor faulty and the other for crankshaft sensor faulty.

The codes have been cleared and I've been asked to try it to see if it still feels the same which I think it does. I know the fuel gauge has certainly dropped more than usual as I'm having to use more throttle. I will take it back tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

So you get it serviced and now the car drives worse and has thrown error codes? Do you trust this garage?

What did the service cover - just oil and filters, cambelt or any other work ?
Just asking because some jobs require the engine to be lowered slightly and this can easily dislodge the small turbo boost signal lines which run down the back of the engine.

Cheers Spike

No cambelt changed at this service. What about intercooler pipes split? I seem to have read that this could be quite a common cause?

No cambelt changed at this service. What about intercooler pipes split? I seem to have read that this could be quite a common cause?

Yes- split intercooler core or connecting pipes will cause a loss of power when the engine is under load. The intercooler problem is not easy to spot as the plastic end tanks tend to split where they are crimped to the core. Pics in this thread may help - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6624&highlight=intercooler

Cheers Spike

oh and thanks for the constructive reply :(
I'm sorry you felt that wasn't constructive, it's just that sounded to me like a botched job from your garage and we've heard plenty of those on here of late.

Back