Which Colour Do you Think A2 Looks Best In?

Considering the large amount of silver ones around (presumably the most popular chioce when new) it's suprising people on here are not going for that as a favorite. I liked the yellow one I spotted, that looked fun! Over than that the light metalic blue would be my next choice.

Colour?

It has to be brilliant black!

Why?

The day after I bought my car, I was driving to the end of my road and just before I got to the junction a group of boys, about eight years old, crossed over. As I was looking left and right to see if it was safe to join the main road, I noticed all the boys had stopped and were looking at my brand new and very shiney A2. Just as I drove off, one of them yelled WOW!!! Now I ask you, how can anyone disagree with that opinion?

John.

Has to be Dolphin Grey.......gives the A2 a sophisticated look and the colour just seems to suit the lines of the car.

Most importantly, however, it hides road dirt very well!!!

I'm afraid that the once-most-popular silver now looks very 'year before last'.

Silver lilac for me, as per the pic. Only one of 2 A2's in UK with this colour that I am aware of. But black also - just the fact that black is difficult to keep clean. Had black A4 so know.

ben said:
The polished aluminium would be fun:

If I had one of those [swoon] then I would get one of these
Bambi_A.jpg

Picture from http://www.airstream4u.de/html/for_sale_detail.php?id=28

Black - hmmmm??! Yeah agreed looks nice, but too much like all those nasty little men in their cheap suits driving their 'BadBoy' company Vauxhall and Ford repmobiles finished in..........BLACK.

Sprint Blue rules!!!

Like all others I profess to being biased but I am a big fan of Crystal Blue.

It wasn't even my choice as the car was bought from my brother in law at such a ridiculously good priice I couldn't say no (I hadn't even considered an A2 at that point and now I'm smitten)

The blue looks clean even when not and isn't the common as muck silver evry other A2 I see seems to be.

I saw an A4 in Crystal Blue the other day. now that car does NOT suit the colour.

Its not just a question of being biased - there are good reasons that A2s look good in a light colour - it shows off the fluted bodywork and all the details. Plus car designers always have a dark section on the underside of cills and bumpers for a reason - it breaks up the shape and stops the car looking like it has a big bum. Look at a Mk5 golf - in black it has a huge arse. Buying a black car is OK if the car has somethingto break the eye at this level - a change of direction to catch the light or a flared arch or whatever, but the A2 looks flabby in black. You may disagree, but hundreds of car designers wouldn't. If you don't believe me, you can see the evidence the next time you drive down the road.

No offence meant obviously. I'm not a fan of silver cars in general to be honest. The only car I do like in silver is a 911 (preferably a turbo) now that does look the dogs.

My prejudices aside, I agree on the light colours (silver does look good I'll admit but I still just don't like silver cars)

Black does look cool and mean but I don't believe the details on the A2 are shown to best effect and it does look slightly flabby.

Given the same offer again I really would be happy with any colour (even silver at a push) as long as it was an A2. They rock in any colour!!

Bronze

I like blue as a general car colour, when I was looking for an A2 I considered a blue one (my last car was a blue Seat Arosa).
But when I saw my A2 I was won over.
Now everyone asks me what colour it is, no one seems to see it the same, I guess it depends on the light. The adventurous ask is it wine or plum, the less adventurous think it’s brown but I insist it is bronze (the dealer advertised it as such and I’m sticking with it).
Castle red is the official name, maybe that means something in German but does not translate well or something.
I have not seen another A2 in this colour, does anyone else here have it?

colourist attitudes of a2 owners

there is a lot of anti silverism going on here... im going to report you lot to ofcom.
have you guessed wot colour i have?
dolph grey looks good to me but i also like that image of the rolled red one on some posts. I toyed with swapping mine with the dolph grey at parklands audi but they only wanted to give me 2 bob and a blackbird's egg for part exchange. It had red seats anyway.

Ha! You all know that Merlot is the best colour for an A2. Not too dark, not too light, and looks classy anywhere. ;)

Not, of course, that I went out looking for a burgundy car. :rolleyes: In fact, I was resolved that I didn't want a red car on any terms. I wanted a Blue one, or perhaps Green...

...and then I saw her. :eek:

Back