gearbox cable adjustment for notchy gearchange

d4v1d sm4rt

A2OC Donor
does anyone know where to find the procedure for this?
also is there such a thing as a replacement bush for the pivot link on the gearbox that they all meet up at?

I am sure there is something in the Elsawin A2 manual but cannot rememebr exactly where. I will try and look it up later this morning.

Regards

Colin

I have managed to find the adjustment procedure (adjusting gear selection mechanism) but I cannot attach it to is thread 250K so if you want it let me have your e mail and ill send it.

Colin

I have managed to find the adjustment procedure (adjusting gear selection mechanism) but I cannot attach it to is thread 250K so if you want it let me have your e mail and ill send it.

Colin

Hi Colin

I have managed to attach the gear selector adjustment procedure (for the TDi gearbox) as it may be of use to other club members

Cheers Spike

thanks

thanks very much for posting it. I have read it throught 3 times and still cant make out what is going on. What are we actually adjusting? it seems we are taking something off then putting it back... there are no gaps to check or tolerances

thanks very much for posting it. I have read it throught 3 times and still cant make out what is going on. What are we actually adjusting? it seems we are taking something off then putting it back... there are no gaps to check or tolerances

The way I read it is that you're just releasing the cable clamps, locking the gearlever and the gearbox shift mechanism in their reference positions then re-clamping the push-pull cables. This in effect automatically adjusts their lengths so there is no preload or free play on either cable with the gearlever and shift mechinism in these reference positions.

It may be possible to check the setting without playing with the cable clamps. Just lock the shift mechanism then check if the gearlever locking pin can be inserted without force.
If it can't, the cables are out of adjustment
Hopefully my ramblings will make the procedure a bit clearer

Cheers Spike

thanks for the explanation

The way I read it is that you're just releasing the cable clamps, locking the gearlever and the gearbox shift mechanism in their reference positions then re-clamping the push-pull cables. ok so they can go back in a different positionThis in effect automatically adjusts their lengths so there is no preload or free play on either cable with the gearlever and shift mechinism in these reference positions.

It may be possible to check the setting without playing with the cable clamps. Just lock the shift mechanism then check if the gearlever locking pin can this just be a bolt or screwdriver presumably?...can be inserted without force.
If it can't, the cables are out of adjustment
Hopefully my ramblings will make the procedure a bit clearer

bushes fitted

fitting the two bushes (part number 48 on the microfiche) has just tightened it up a bit. Will go for the selector block next that moves the shaft up and down but that is not available separately as you have to buy the whole arm with it.

Back