leather retrim

thinking on a retrim for my a2 has any one got any suggestions on colour
my work use a local firm in perth was going to see if get a good price to get my car and the mrs car done later on in the year
my a2 is blue and the mrs a2 is silver so any suggestions

Theres been a few threads on the 'leather retrim' subject. We have tried phoning a few places about group discount but none have been so attractive as to warrant block bookings and owners travelling from afar! danB has made several enquiries as have I. Quotes are between £1000 and £1500.(Although Alam aka A2SPORT was quoted £795 if memory serves, although I dont think that included door cards)
It is an expensive mod, and very labour intensive. As with all things A2, most of us who'd like a retrim desire a quality job above all else. I cant justify the expense at the mo, as this years mods will set me back about a grand by the time I get finished. So leather and FSD's are for 2010!

As to colour of leather - I really like the 2 tone black and dark grey that Audi used in the 2007 model A4 S Line Special edition. So thats what Ada's having if/when I do this.

My opinion for your cars would be - go for something a bit different!: Beige or Tan coloured hide for the blue car, and I'd go for a Black/Silver 2 tone nappa for the silver car. (examples of these on the Audi website in their brochures at the 'Audi exclusive' section.)

Keep us posted on any price you are quoted. I'll watch with interest as youre not a million miles away from me! :D

Last edited:
As there was a few interested at the end of last year about this it worth getting some prices so peeps know there budgets

Cheers Phil

Hey Murdo i know its a long shot but have you thought about getting a price of covers?, as all seat covers can be removed have you priced the leather covers up, i would say they should be available from the dealer, and you just fit them yourself

Cheers Phil

Was thinking of this today as i fitted one at work (not A2), i would do it but i would want the sports seats to do it on

Hey Murdo i know its a long shot but have you thought about getting a price of covers?, as all seat covers can be removed have you priced the leather covers up, i would say they should be available from the dealer, and you just fit them yourself

I didnt know you could get these Phil! Don't think I would go for them, as covers will surely be a little loose fitting which would bug me intensely! If I do get this done at some point I want it as per factory standard or better ;)

I didnt know you could get these Phil! Don't think I would go for them, as covers will surely be a little loose fitting which would bug me intensely! If I do get this done at some point I want it as per factory standard or better ;)
No i mean OEM covers if you got a tear in your cover you would get a replacement cover and fit that, so what i was thinking would you be able to fit leather covers, get the codes for the leather covers and go from there.

Cheers Phil

I see! Good idea, I'll make a call then unless anyone has the prices of these on the forum? Next step would be to find a good upholsterer :D

(Sorry for hijacking the thread Perthshire, but hopefully all this is of some use to you! Search the forums for 'retrim' and you'll see the previous discussions on this) Cheers, M

retrim

I see! Good idea, I'll make a call then unless anyone has the prices of these on the forum? Next step would be to find a good upholsterer :D

(Sorry for hijacking the thread Perthshire, but hopefully all this is of some use to you! Search the forums for 'retrim' and you'll see the previous discussions on this) Cheers, M

don't worry mate i might be intrested in the covers too but what about the headrest's

will keep you all posted i like the idea of the tan seen a few tts done in it

I think it would be a good combo with the metallic blue, although it will depend on the colour of your carpets and trim as to how successful this would be.

Beige on silver cant be too common? That would change things then. Still like the idea of tan in the blue car. How about black with cream or beige inserts for the wifes car?

There is a very good auto upholsterer in Perth who I have used on several occasions. Can't for the life of me remember their name right now (I'm at work) but they have a place in that scruffy little industrial estate at the bottom of the Dunkeld Rd, behind the RBS branch.

retrim

Alex Watt & Son 14, Dunkeld Rd, Perth, Perthshire PH1 5RW

Tel: 01738 626038

this is the one my work use he's done a few seats for my bike's in the past really good work
but he's not working just now due to his health

Re: leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by perthshireA2
hi mate can you find out for me if you can get leather seat covers cheers

£275.00 each for the front seat base covers
£275.00 each for the front seat back rest covers
£275.00 for rear drivers side seat back rest cover
£321.50 for rear passenger side seat back cover
£275.00 for rear drivers base cover
£321.50 for rear passengers base cover

Dave