Another 1st class job from stealth

riverlad

A2OC Donor
Took the plung today and visited Vince at stealth to do his magic.

He was very helpfull. I only rang him on friday and he managed to get me in today at short notice.

He is a very nice guy he took his time and made sure he was happy.

The results

Before

88.5hp @ 3687

176.5 @2272

After

106.4hp @ 3692

201.2 @ 2187

Very Happy I am:D:D:D:

Vince said that it was a very good increase in hp for the model. I have 54 plate. He said you only get about 100hp most of the time but 6 hp is 6hp:D

What great fun to drive home in. I loved the drive before but this makes it so much better.

A lory decided he wanted to move into my lane on the way home. I put my foot down in 5th and I was gone:D

I will have to watch my right foot:) I dont think I will be getting such good mpg for a little while:eek:

Well worth the 130 mile round trip. I would have done double that.

I have a 400 mile round trip to do over christmas so looking forward to trying my stealth fully:D

I could recomend a remap to anyone and you cant go far wrong with the guys at stealth racing.

cheers

David

As a 75, the final figure of 106bhp is respectable, especially for a low mileage example - you'll find that it loosens up nicely in time.

What puzzles me though is that you have pretty much a standard output, pre-map, as a TDi 90!!

Perhaps someone has had a tweak before?

Cheers,

Mike

I can confirm that it has not been tweaked before. It was my step mums car before I got her. She is 75 and would not know what a remap is let alone get one:)

Her idear of a mod is putting in a box of tisues and a air freshener!!

In that case then, this is a remarkable starting figure for a TDi 75!!!

Use the cruise to keep the economy half decent now that you've got the extra urge!

Cheers

Mike

I think numbers from rolling roads need to be taken with a pinch of salt. They're good for comparison in themselves (before-after), but not so reliable for comparison between other rolling roads. It looks to me therefore that the setup reads a bit high. Nonetheless the gains are very respectable :)

I have not had the car long and ashamed to say I dont know if I have disks or drums on the back:confused:

Take a quick look -does the design rear brakes look the same as at the front - ie with a nice shiny disc behind the wheel with a brake caliper (looks like a clamp), or do the rear brakes look like an enclosed drum?

I remember Vince telling me that most of the 75 BHP's leave the factory with low 80's BHP (typically 82 BHP) but if David's/riverlad's is a 75 and producing 88.5 BHP - that is high!

Just had a thought. I have been running the car on BP Ultamate. So I dont know if that acounts for the xtra 5hp. They make out thats its better for your car. Better mph ect. So mayby it dose work:)

Took the plung today and visited Vince at stealth to do his magic.

The results

Before

88.5hp @ 3687

176.5 @2272

After

106.4hp @ 3692

201.2 @ 2187

David

Hi David

Pleased you got an excellent result.

Any chance of posting the Dynoplots as it would be interesting to compare the power curves particularly as we have similar cars and were 'Stealthed' within a couple of days of each other. Also your peak BHP occurs far later at 3692 (3101). Maybe I should avoid that cheap supermarket diesel:), mind you the real test would be a quick trip to Santa Pod with both cars:D

Cheers

Robin

Hi Robin.

I will post the plots next week. In work at 430am today and in at 430am again tom. I then have to do 180ml drive to devon when I finish at 230 so a bit tired!

Will pm you when I post them.

Cheers and merry xmass to you.

David

Hi Puglises

Sorry It took such a lond time. Back home and work :mad:with my comp and scaner. So here are my dyno plots of talk and bhp.

When is the meet at santa pod:D:D

Cheers

David

how much does it cost to get the car stealthed? been meaning to do it on my car but no sort of price list on his website . local radio install shop said he would remap it but dont trust him .any help would be great jai

Back