Future junior member number two

Darren C

A2OC Donor
I posted this thread several years back...

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3498&highlight=kayleigh

...and I am pleased to announce that today my wife Diane and I have had our 12 week scan for baby number two.

As our family grows so must our A2's; I already have the roof bars and I will now be looking to source a roof box. Extra room will be essential, but I have no plans to shelve either A2.

The search for the worlds smallest pushchair will also be on the cards in due course. I remember Kayleigh's travel system well; the pushchair although well equipped, was the size of a house. Any recommendations on a suitably small travel system that will fit neatly in the boot of the A2 and that won't require a second mortgage to purchase will be appreciated.

Might also need a tow bar and trailer too...:D

Darren

Last edited:
:D Congrats Dan! Can you PM me when you sort out a roof box. I have roof bars as well and will get a roof box when Rowan gets a bit older, so your experience on this would be valued. Well done again!!

congratulations darren and di. pleased your going to continue to be a 2 a2 owners.but putting kids in roof boxes is extreem!! maybe you will have to take both a2's with you when you go out-lol.(still be more economical than most cars on the road i recon.
we will look forward to seeing you all later in the year.
take care mike and yvonne

Many thanks guys - really appreciated from both Di and I.

Murdo, I am contemplating the Kamei 380 Delphin, (as recommended by Johann); see http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7363 This looks like a nice fit for the A2 and should satisfy the criteria required to fulfil the additional space needed. Once purchased I will gladly give you my verdict.
P.S. Who is Dan; is there something Di isn't telling me... LOL!!;)

Mike, many thanks mate - had a chuckle myself at the contents of your post! :D. Hopefully catch up later this year!

Sarge, many thanks buddy; I was just telling Di about Shoby and your dedication to the restoration of your A2 in rememberence. Your good wishes are appreciated buddy.

Darren

Will do mate and thanks.

We really must try to get together this year... I'm in need of another late night/early morning beverage with my drinking buddy.

Darren

Very much so mate, don't think we've caught up since early last year!?

Unfortunately, this year is looking like a poor one for socials so it may end up being ADI!

Very much so mate, don't think we've caught up since early last year!?

Unfortunately, this year is looking like a poor one for socials so it may end up being ADI!

We will be attending mate and hopefully we will both be staying over once again. Hopefully you will too and we can repeat the events of 2007; assuming that an 8 month pregnant Di sanctions a late/early one for me.;)

Will be good to see you buddy.

Best Regards,

Darren

The search for the worlds smallest pushchair will also be on the cards in due course. I remember Kayleigh's travel system well; the pushchair although well equipped, was the size of a house. Any recommendations on a suitably small travel system that will fit neatly in the boot of the A2 and that won't require a second mortgage to purchase will be appreciated.

Congratulations! We have a 2yr old and a 1yr old and have the Phil & Ted sport buggy with the doubles kit. Fits in the A2 boot no problem, leaving a bit of room for shopping etc, although they may not be the cheapest puschair to buy!

I

Missed this bit the first time! :eek: We went for the Bugaboo which is a great bit of kit although a tad expensive at £650 including car seat.
The smallest one we looked at was the Bebe Confort Loola - very clever scissor design that is the neatest fit I remember for the A2 boot. (and we looked at loads) not the sturdiest design, but looked competent enough. :D

Missed this bit the first time! :eek: We went for the Bugaboo which is a great bit of kit although a tad expensive at £650 including car seat.
The smallest one we looked at was the Bebe Confort Loola - very clever scissor design that is the neatest fit I remember for the A2 boot. (and we looked at loads) not the sturdiest design, but looked competent enough. :D

Thanks Murdo - I am considering the slightly cheaper Quinny Buzz travel system. I guess I am in no rush, but I am keen to be "cost effective" and will keep my eyes peeled for some good deals during the coming months.

I am sure that the Bebe Confort Loola is an ace bit of kit; unfortunately a touch too pricey for my wallet at the moment.

As a side issue I fitted the roof box last night - not the easiest of jobs. I am trialling it for a week or so before I store the box and bars until junior arrives. I will PM my thoughts.

Thanks again.

Darren

Congratulations! We have a 2yr old and a 1yr old and have the Phil & Ted sport buggy with the doubles kit. Fits in the A2 boot no problem, leaving a bit of room for shopping etc, although they may not be the cheapest puschair to buy!

Cheers for the recommendation and congrats - I am at work at the minute and will check out your recommendation later this evening.

I guess the cost of a small, quality and compact travel systems matches that of the cost of the A2... :eek:

Thanks.

Darren

congratulations...

...as for a buggy/travel system... we have a Silver Cross 3D which fits nicely in the boot. Its been really good and can be used as a pram and pushchair... Would definitely recommend it!

congratulations...

...as for a buggy/travel system... we have a Silver Cross 3D which fits nicely in the boot. Its been really good and can be used as a pram and pushchair... Would definitely recommend it!

Many thanks for the recommendation and good wishes.

Darren

OMG Cant believe i missed this thread
What can i say Well Done Mate and congrags to u both
i bet Kayleighs well excited ...:)

OMG Cant believe i missed this thread
What can i say Well Done Mate and congrags to u both
i bet Kayleighs well excited ...:)

Many thanks buddy and "yes" we are all thrilled.

Kayleigh has been so good, has been looking after Di, talking to baby and offering to share her toys when junior arrives. She is adamant she wants a sister... LOL!! :D

Hope yourself, Mandy and the girls are all keeping well and that Carl "the voice" Larrad is still hitting those high notes... ;)

Best wishes,

Darren

Back