how to remove ashtray?

Mignun

Hi all,

I'm running an iPod connector from the back of the head unit and want to run the connector end out under the ashtray. However I can't seem to find a way of removing the ashtray to make this easier. Can anyone help?

Failing that is there a knack to removing the coin tray under the AC? I'm scared of breaking something.

Thanks!

Well can't help with the ash tray but, the cubby hole i can you 1st need the ash tray open get hold of the bottom lip and spread both hands in the hole so you are pressing on the sides (inside the cubby) and give a good tug the clips are very tight

Cheers Phil

As Phil says, open the ashtray and then put both hands into the cubby hole, palms together.

Try to make a fist with each hand, so that you're pressing really hard on the top and bottom then sharply tug the cubby shelf forwards. It'll be stif, but it will come out eventually.

Then, you'll see the 2 x T20 screws that hold the ashtray in place. Undo these and slide the assmbly out, being careful to not snag the wiring for the light at the back.

Separate the 2 halves of the connector to remove the tray completely, if you need to.

Cheers,

Mike

When you say "cubby hole" you mean this compartment? -> Untitled.jpg

Hi Mike,

Long time on here with a post, as always I look and with 5 minutes I've got awesome directions to fix the thing I needed, replaced my broken ashtray in 25 mins, thanks man!

John

Back