Problems With My A2

Kerry

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have owned my A2 for just over a year.. had a few problems with it... but really like the car and do not want to get rid of it (as so many people have told me to) Car A2 2003 1.6FSI

At the moment I have got the following problem Abs Light EPC light and another one which at the moment i can not think for the life of me what it is... well these 3 lights have been coming on over the past few months... called bexley audi who told me not to worry about it its a common problem with the a2 apparantly.. so turn off the engine and restart the lights go off for a little while.. maybe a few weeks when they might come on again. i have had the break light switch changed and this has not really made any diffrence. Also last week the car passed its mot with flying colours... Breaks all ok.. Over the weekend the 3 lights came on and now the EPC light is staying on and the other lights are coming on alot more and when they all come on together the car rolls to a stop.... ( nearly had an accident) so as you can see i cannot drive it at the moment... which is really annoying.. I want the car to be fixed... I have taken the car the various garages including Bexley Audi who totally ripped me off fixed engine misfire only for the same thing to happen again 3 days later... got fixed by another garage only to be told that was not engine misfire at all car was running on 3 cylinders... and the car has never totally been fixed. Could anyone reccommend a garage/ Mechanic in south east london/ Kent area that would have experience in dealing with these cars... I would just like the car to be fixed once and for all.. The last mechanic that looked at the car said that i need to get a throttle body. The last time I had it at bexley audi they gave me a print out of the engine the following codes came up.. but this was before the EPC thing. Anyone have the VAG-COM reader thingy to plug it in to see if any other codes come up in my area?? All help much wanted.

17947- Clutch Pedal Switch- Implausible Signal - Sporadic
17950 - Sender for Throttle Valve Drive- Implausible Signal - Sporadic
17428 - Fuel Pressure Regulation - Value Above Upper Control Limit -Sporadic

I have ordered a clutch pedal switch and a throttle body is this all i would need?

Thank you,

Kerry

Hi Kerry
Another club members car with the 17428 fault code had problems starting the car when hot and this turned out to be a faulty fuel pump.Its feasible this could also cause your engine to strall when hot.
Its a long read but check out this thread - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11601&highlight=17428
I think whoever fits the throttle body will need VagCom to set it up. We have several helpful members in the London area so hopefully you should get some advice on recommended garages and even the offer of a diagnostic scan if needed

Cheers Spike

Kerry, sorry to hear about problems with your car. I had my car serviced at Bexley last year and will not return, due to their attitude.

For the next service or any problems, I will try www.4rings.co.uk

I have heard good things and they are local and will come to you.

best of luck.

Thank you

Hi, Thank you for all your replys... they are very useful.. as i am having the exact same problems with the car cutting out.. will be driving along fine no problems as soon as i have been driving for a little while so the car is hot it cuts out and i also cannot manage to get it started for exactly half and hour.. I will print out all the messages and give them to the mechanic.. I have also left a message for 4 rings to see if they can come and fix it for me.

Thank you all very much... gving me some hope that one day i will be able to drive the car with out something happening to it..

Thanks again.

Kerry

Kerry, although I have a A2tdi, I have experienced the problem of cutting out once warm on other petrol cars I have owned, this is fairly consistent with a faulty coil or coil packs....

On the basis that you have 4 cylinders, you will have a coil pack for each one,,They cost about £20 each, if you are feeling extravagant, it may be worth just replacing all 4, just so you have eliminated that problem..

When i say that problem, obvioulsy it is hard to diagnose over the internet, it could be something else!

If you do change 1 or 2, you will then have new and old packs,,,worth keeping some old working ones as spares.

Back