Alarm on my A2 keeps going off

wizard

Guys and girls,

Heres a wierd one for you, recently my alarm has been randomly going off on its own. Its quite wierd because it randomly goes off for no reason at all.

I have to turn it off by opening the doors on the key fob then closing them again.

I even got so frustrated i went outside and opened every door and closed them again, but it still keeps happening.

Has anyone come across this before?

Are the batterys running low on the remote?

Thanks
Wizard

hi wizard you could try turning off the inside sensors-the button near the fuel flap.i had a moth get in the car one night that kept setting it off.

Its also worth checking the front service flap on the bonnet is fully closed.

Cheers Spike

Cheers Spike,

I have a feeling thats what the issue is because i remember opening it and since then my alarm has been playing up.

I have a very similar problem that seems to have cured itself now the warm weather has gone away. Is your A2 still doing it?

if it is temperature related, it *could* be battery related. Mine was, replaced main battery, alarm never went off at random again.

Internal battery in the alarm unit is goosed. New unit required.................
unless you are handy with a soldering iron and have access to Maplins.............

Back