Ccc modules can be repaired by lau!

A2O2

I am delighted to have my CCC Module Repaired by a LAU from the German Forum.

He posted his working unit and and I posted mine over to him.

In all it took about two weeks.

Please contact him if you want his EXCELLENT SERVICE. I highly recommend his service.

Thanks also to Bretti and Spike for alerting me to LAU on this forum

A2O2

Hi A2O2
Thanks for letting us know first hand about the service LAU offers.

LAU,
If you read this, it would be great if you could provide details of the services you offer and approximate costs etc. In addition to the CCU, list any other A2 modules you can repair and we will add it to the Forum 'How To' section for future reference by our members.

Cheers Spike

LAU,
If you read this, it would be great if you could provide details of the services you offer and approximate costs etc.
Costs: 80 EUR plus postage (about 5 EUR from Germany to UK)
normally I try to repair on the same day I received it
there is a spare unit now in UK so if anyone would like to have his unit repaired can get this spare unit for the time off
it seems that the 8Z0959433Q (i.e. ones with Q-Index) units fitted in UK A2 are faulty - sooner or later
list any other A2 modules you can repair
actually I feel reluctant to repair any other A2 units offline (since I can't diagnostic them by myself)
CCUs have a common failure which have distinctive symptoms and normally could not be caused by another control units or technical troubles

also we could try an offline chiptuning for the diesel fueled A2s ;)

Access to convenience module

Hi
The Convenience module is located under the flor in the drivers area. How do you access it? Do you have to remove the drivers seat?

I hear a clicking noice comming from that general area sounds like a eletrical rele malfunction, and my windows and doors does not respond any more.
Further more the rele rattle continues until the battery is flat (about three days)
In WAG COM the unit does not respond to Query 46

I hope I can replace a cheep rele and that will be it bout the outlook is not bright.

Any help is most wanted :)

regards
Geirs

no. MOve the carpet and then take the lid off.

If it's a clicking, take teh lower plastic trim off -- the one under the door - and check that the earth bolts are tight.

Will the car start?

Bret

Convinience module

Hi
Yes the car starts fine.
The central locking switch is partly funcional
The windows, petrol lock, and back dor does not function

Regards
Geirs

Hi,

We have a Central Convienience Module 8Z0959433AF would,part number 1JO959799AH be a match,we have a problem with our remotes on keys to be advised that it may be the ccm gone?

Hi,

We have a Central Convienience Module 8Z0959433AF would,part number 1JO959799AH be a match,we have a problem with our remotes on keys to be advised that it may be the ccm gone?

Hi parkie, welcome to the A2oc.
8ZO part nos are unique to the A2 so its very unlikely the 1JO modul will work.
Regarding the key problem, I assume you have checked / replaced the key fob batteries and gone through the key pairing routine - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=26896&postcount=2

As the posts in this thread indicate, LAU from the German forum can repair your old CCU if needed. I think he may also offer a loan CCU while your original is being fixed so your car is not off the road. Its worth having a diagnostic scan before changing parts though.

Cheers Spike

I most certainly don't think so, I think this is a VW Passat part number, so don't buy it.

What is the exact fault you are suffering from? If you remote isn't responding have you tried a re-pair before blaming the troublesome Comfort Unit? :)

Cheers
Sarge

EDIT: Sorry Spike got in just before me whilst I was writing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Took it to an auto electrics,(having previously had it on a friends diagnostics)report said that unable to programme keys,although both were signalling,possible fault with CCM,further testing would be required !!!

no. MOve the carpet and then take the lid off.

If it's a clicking, take teh lower plastic trim off -- the one under the door - and check that the earth bolts are tight.

Will the car start?

Bret

I'm curious (and hopeful!) about the earth, would that cause more than one problem?
Everything works on mine, everything locks/unlocks, no dimming lights when unlocked but the siren sounds randomly when armed. I can't say I've heard any noises from the footwell but I uncovered it yet either.

I would recommend LAU. He has just repaired my CCU unit for my A2 1.4 TDI. Quickly and at a great price. I live in Sweden but understood that he is competent man. So, after contact, only to send the CCU unit.
Thanks for a great job if you read this, Slava
Regards, Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought that the ccm was under passenger carpet, reading this post has corrected me on this.. where do i find it under the drivers carpet ,and, is the units number clearly visible? Also is the process for removal fairly staightforward?

could you tell me where abouts under the panel it is and if its clearly visible, i have been in contact with LAU but need to supply the number of the unit. thanks

can anyone help me locate my ccm?

Slide the front passenger seat as far back as possible. Given that you live in Glasgow, I can only assume you drive a RHD car.

Now lift the carpet. Not the matt which protects the carpet but the carpet itself. The best way to do this is to squeeze your fingers into the gap between the carpet and the cross-member to which the passenger seat attaches, i.e. the very 'back' of the carpet. There are a few clips holding this carpet in place, so you'll have to pull with just a touch of force.

Fold the carpet as far forward into the passenger footwell as possible. You'll find this much easier if you also detatch the protective matt. Under the carpet you'll see an aluminium panel which is vaguely triangular in shape, with 3 clips. These clips are released by rotating them through 90 degrees and pulling upwards.

Once the aluminium panel is removed, you'll see the main brains of your A2. The CCU (CCM) is the rectangular box on the top. It has either 4 or 5 multi-pin connectors and has written on it 'Komfortelektronik'.

If you need to remove it entirely, disconnect all those multi-pin connectors and physically release the CCU from its cradle using the clips to the left of the CCU (to the front of the car).

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Tom

thanks for the speedy reply.. can i just un-plug the multi-pin connectors as is, or do i need to disconnect the battery?

Back