Missing fan! (climate control interior temp sensor)

humps

A2OC Donor
I'm completely at a lost, a regular diagnostic threw up a fault code for faulty fan of the climate control interior temperature sensor!

00796 - Fan for Interior Temp Sensor (V42)
41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage

See the middle of my attached pict, top is my spare climate control unit and the lower is the one in car. I tried to pull the fan but it is quite tight and i have absolutely no idea how that can suddenly go missing!!

Hi Humps
I just checked my spare cc unit and it looks like the fan assy is held in place by the two diagonal screws. Yours looks like the 'guts' have fallen out, leaving the housing intact. I guess you will .have already checked behind the unit for the missing piece.

Cheers Spike

thanks spike, i had a quick scratch around the back but nothing. There is a lot of cable as you know and not much space. I was also in a rush so didn't really strip it down and search. I've since replaced it with the spare and cabin temperature is nice and steady again!

I've just reinstalled etka (also because my pre-cat lambda is all but a certified dead item) and cannot see a separate part for the little fan. But there is a 4 pin fan motor with 4B0 820 059. I think it is a £200 part that is something entirely different?

Hi Humps
The way the parts diagm reads, I think there is a good chance the 4B0 number you spotted is the fan motor. May be worth checking the fan you swapped over for a part no. stamped somewhere on the housing.

Cheers Spike

Back