What is this in my lower boot?

A22B

hi all, had a dig around the spare wheel etc and found this:

DSC_0010-1.jpg

it is wired in and looks a bit like a CD changer prep?? Maybe I am wishing too much!

DSC_0012-4.jpg

I also found an air compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter. One of my rear tyres was at 1.0 bar, should have been 2.6...oops! All sorted now and saved 40p as didn't have to go to a garage to fill the tyres :)

Do all A2's come with an air compressor? If so, this is yet another amazing A2 feature.

Ride is a bit firmer now, but feels more sprightly and should help improve fuel economy.

Answers on a postcard...

40p to fill tyres up WOW now thats inflation for you:D, sorry couldn't resist

can't remember what that cubby's for now, and as you would have noticed NO SPARE ;), thtas why you have a compressor there is a spacesaver you can get, they do come up on here from time to time or Ebay

Phil

That little cubby hole is for the navigation unit on single DIN headunit-equipped A2s (it was a low-line CD based system, which gave instructions via the DIS), or a TV tuner on RNS-D equipped models.

The wiring in the back is for the diversity aerial system.

Yes, all A2s came with a compressor and a choice of either a collapsible spare or a can of tyre gunk. Either need a compressor to complete the system, hence all A2s should come with a compressor. In truth, a lot of less scrupulous owners sell on the bits and bobs separately when they sell the cars, so you might find examples without a compressor.

Cheers,

Mike

Thats it thought it was but couldn't remember, well this now holds the module for my retro-fit parking sensors as i wont be fitting the CD based sat nav system.

Phil

PS just noticed your photos again has this been fitted with a new one as its got the sticker on it and didn't think they came fitted from the factory with them on ?????

Last edited:
Sorry ignore my PS comment just looked again its your cars Data sticker fancy sticking it on there very strange, well at least yours has got one mines missing (not even in the service book)

Phil

Thanks Guys, I don't think I would have worked out its purpose! I have got a spare wheel but it is limited to 50mph. Am planning a drive to Tuscany next summer so am looking to get a full size 16 inch spare. What do they go for? Thanks for the help. Paul

Don't see why not, maybe a little too deep to have the false floor on, but diameter-wise it appears slightly smaller than the spare.

A full size wheel & tyre will fit in the boot recess but depending on width, will lift up the false floor by a centimetre or two.

Back