Side Vent Removal

gaston

I have a niggling problem that should be easy to solve - if only I knew how to get the side vent off the main dash moulding.
The two piece finger grip has been knocked apart (not bust) and although both bits are safe I can't re-clip them without taking the vent out.
Does it clip off??

I have a niggling problem that should be easy to solve - if only I knew how to get the side vent off the main dash moulding.
The two piece finger grip has been knocked apart (not bust) and although both bits are safe I can't re-clip them without taking the vent out.
Does it clip off??

Hi gaston, welcome to the A2oc
Sorry there is no step by step guide but there is a bit of info in this thread - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7760&highlight=air+vent

Cheers Spike

A similar thing happened to me a while ago when I was cleaning the inside.

The grippy bit had been pushed in and I thought it would turn into a big job, but I was able to pull it back into place with some pliers and finger action. The vent parts just clipped them selves back into the correct slots.

If all your parts are reachable from the vent, you may not need to remove it.

Good luck

A similar thing happened to me a while ago when I was cleaning the inside.

The grippy bit had been pushed in and I thought it would turn into a big job, but I was able to pull it back into place with some pliers and finger action. The vent parts just clipped them selves back into the correct slots.

If all your parts are reachable from the vent, you may not need to remove it.

Good luck

Thanks Guys,

I'll try the non-removal first - Phil, did the vent blades clip out or did you leave them and work around them? You must have smaller fingers than me!

Back