F*$%ing Peeved Off!!!!

Mr Angry

A2OC Donor
hi guys

sorry for the thread title but after digging deeper into the window/mirror/fuel cap saga ive been having for months i decided to search forum for similar problems. with your help guys and patiance which i have the lack of i found a post cant remember now since i didnt save it but anyhoos heres a recap. if you remember 2 years ago i had the same problem with the above. during work hours i met a manager that worked for audi glasgow who told me to bring the car in for a checkup which i did. with success they fixed my window/mirror/fuel cap problem at the cost of £200 which at the time i thought was reasnable since it was a stealership. anyways having found the thread regarding similar problems i decided to strip the door down as per pictures/instructions to find a kind of control unit with 3 plugs connected. i took the last connector out plugged it back in and viola! problem fixed.

what really gets my back up is the lies your told and the time they took to fix it that day....btw it only took me about 5 mins to strip the door and 10 seconds to unplug the connector. it really pisses me off that people can be ripped off by verbal garbage and the fact it was near xmas time made it worse! i dont think i will ever trust a garage ever!!!. so im glad they have forums like this where you can brave it and tackle it yourself without relying on idiots that con you. the only positive that came out of this was that it was fixed at a crucial time of the year.

sorry for my rant but i had to let rip on this!

as i speak ive managed to get all the parts for my motor as per recommendations which includes mintec discs/pads, bearing & spring p/s, 4 new michelin exalto 215/40/16 tyres at a cost of £260 fitted/balanced not sure if this was a good deal but it was local and went for it.

can someone tell me the part name or number for the suspension gators cos i would like to replace them too!

keep up the good work for the audi a2 members

cheers for your help...no doubt i will be back on with future problems :)

regards

mr angry now kinda happy :)

I am glad you managed to fix it with the help of the forum:)

Garages have the upper hand. You have to take what they say with good faith and not all of them are truthfull.

The A2oc is always the first place I check now. At least you know what you are told is truthfull without any motive to rip you off and to get more money out of you. Unlike some garages I have been to in the past.

Cheers

David

Back