poor,poor,poor fitting of bodykit

dean00

hi all, i left my a2 into the body-shop to get the votex body-kit fitted i bought last month. I left it in as i thought that the pros would no exactly how its to go on, but it seems to have gaps all round the joint lines. Ill be honest i think i could have done a better job myself and im seriously considering pulling it off and refitting it. I will post a few pics in the next few days. Does anyone have any experience in fitting the kit and how to keep the joints tight.

mmm,
I suspect they used (or did not) tape to hold the kit to the car.
There is a specific suction clamp that is used to support body kits during the adhesion process. It's carried by Wurth.
Another possibility is that too much adhesive was applied leaving a gap to the bodywork.
If you are going to remove the kit, use gut to cut the adhesive and not distort the kit.

blue skies
Tony

To be fair the bodykts are not noted for tight panel gaps which is why in the end I ditched the idea of fitting mine and sold it. The darker the colour the better to dusgusie the poor gaps. This has been mentioned before on here so might be worth searching, post up some photos so a comparison can be made with other cars with teh body kit.

trying using tiger seal or stikaflex, usually cost £9 a tube, make sure the tube u buy is in date, the stuff is the business, its what i'ii b using on mine

Think you mean Sikaflex. I can vouch for it as I used to use the stuff on grp boats I used to build. It's unbelievably sticky- I once watched someone trying to get apart two flat grp surfaces that had been bonded together with Sika and the grp delaminated before the bond gave way. Top, top stuff.....

Think you mean Sikaflex. I can vouch for it as I used to use the stuff on grp boats I used to build. It's unbelievably sticky- I once watched someone trying to get apart two flat grp surfaces that had been bonded together with Sika and the grp delaminated before the bond gave way. Top, top stuff.....

yeah thats the stuff, its lethal, cant fault it once dried, careful thing to note is once you've used it, its very difficult to reseal it airtight so turns rock solid.

Back