vacuum actuator

Tontonly

Hi, My 1.6 FSI is misfiring and engine light is on, after a vcds scan, found :

17439 - Intake Manifold (N316): Setpoint Not Reached
P1031 - 35-00 - -
16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 35-00 - -

Aftrer initial inspection, the obvious fault is the rod on my vacuum actuator has snapped, Ordered the part but and is gonna take a couple of days so decided to start dismantling, but seems to be less straight forward than I thought.

Did a search on here and people have been taking about the problem of the flaps and potentiometer but i can find the actual procedure. Someone mentions all the inlet side needs to come off, does that mean the cambelts need to come off!?

Kind regards.

Tony

Can anyone get me the procudure off Elsawin please. I dont seem to be able to bring it up on my Elsawin, must reinstall

doing the same job on my wifes a2 1.6fsi b.a.d. engine code yep they got that right, all iv done at mo is remove air intake pipes, engine mount, cam covers, fuel rail will just move over out the way, then you can get to the vacuum unit remove this and the engine lift point then the potentiometer i removed this also but a bit tricky but can be done with allan key just passes cam belt got the snapped bit out of arm that links to flap/potetiom to vacuum unit but the link arm didnt want to come right to the top of travel, flaps feel free as a bird as you can now just get your finger tip to it and move up and down. there is a little mechined cut out that looks to me like is how you get the new vacuum arm back in but as i havent got new bit yet cant ley you know if it poss dont now if this makes any sence to you yet, but can you let me know if your flap arm moves to top of travle so you can get your old broken piece out, hopefully this will help a bit and make more sence when you get stuck into it, good luck.

just to let you know that got the vacuum unit back on without taking all the inlet manifolds off, bit tricky and a bit of modi and it just slipes right in but this could be so much easer if audi had only looked at how easy this could be with a little thought, oh and dont bother calling audi robinsons norwich as they are so unhelpfull and really dont give a sh-- if your not spending 30k with them, all i wanted to do was talk to a tech to find some stuff out, i mean its like like i wanted to borrow some tools to fix there bad fsi engine.

Thanks for the info guys. A friend eventually changed the thing over for me when I wasn't around. So I'm not sure what he did or didn't do.

Its actually a bit better but alas it didn't fix the problem as it's still mostly misfiring at about 2~3k rpm but not every time. Maybe should have changed the potentiometer also!

Back