Cambelt service at stoke Audi

Coldham

Hello all,

Had my cambelt, water pump and belt for aircon replaced at stoke Audi today, very pleased with the work, price and loan car lol! :) happy to recommend to others and were very nice to deal with! I also noticed everyone in the stoke area said hello when I was out walking the dog, so friendly local people too also recommend :)

All the above for £450 inc vat seemed pretty good to me!

Let's hope the next 70-75k doesn't come around too quickly eh!

John

The way I see it, a cambelt change costs less than 1 ppm to fund, so quite a modest costs in the grand scheme of things.
Just a pity it ha to be paid in one lump sum.

Happy motoring.

Big thankyou A2 owners club!

I bought my prized 1.6 SE 52 plater on 7th January 2012 from a car trader in Nottingham. I knew the cambelt may not have been done even though the car had audi history (mileage 71000). When I test drove the car the low coolant light came on and when I queried the cam belt and concerns over the water pump the guy said that it wouldnt need doing straight away and the coolant just wanted topping up. When I tried to negotiate on the price the guy wouldnt budge claiming my 1.8 Corsa would be hard to sell on. Having looked at a couple of A2's previously and this one being best of the bunch I bought it. If I had not checked out your website I would not have bought this car. I knew that if the cam belt had to be done it would be a £300 job, but having read various posts on this site I was not put off. When I received the car I booked it in straight away to have the cam belt and water pump changed. I had been quoted around £ 350 from garages mentioned in this site but managed to get the parts at trade price and a local trusted mechanic did the job for £100, this saved me a good £ 80.00 on labour. When I collected the car the mechanic said it looked like the belts had been changed but the water pump had not and consequently the water pump had been leaking and someone had just put sealant round it. I was so glad that I decided to do this job straight away and got a little frustrated that this had happened so I contacted the dealer who I bought the car off. I explained that as the car had a one month warranty and I had flagged up the cam belt issue I would like a contribution to the cost of replacing the water pump. I wasn't expecting anything back but he asked me to send him a copy of the invoice and then he would reimburse me. As yet I haven't seen a cheque but having chased him last week he assures me a cheque is on the way. I will let you know how I get on!

Hey Leigh,

Good job on that cambelt price :) and even better on negotiating the dealer reimburse you :)

Welcome to a2oc

John

Back