Audi Concert just stays in SAFE mode

jasong4110

Hi, new to this forum and to owning an A2 (4 hours) so please stick with me... We have just picked up a 2001 SE in Jaipur Red with a cream interior, it is clear that the car has lead a very sheltered life and is in stunning condition for a 2001 car.

Anyway when we got the car the battery was flat, as it has been stood for a while do the illness and passing of the previous owner, this meant that the radio was in SAFE mode, reading the instructions it tells us to press the two buttons and then when 1000 appears enter the code, I have held the buttons for up to 30 seconds but don't get anything.

I thought that this may be due to the battery and that it may have locked out, following the instructions again it says if we left it on for an hour with the car on we should be able to reset, It was a 2 hour journey home, put still no joy.

Am I doing something fundamentally stupid or is this a common fault signalling death of the unit, I plan to replace the stereo anyway for something with an Ipod connector, but need to order fascia panels and removal tools so it would nice to listen to the radio until I get around to doing it.

Thanks, Jason.

Thanks Spike,

You are a star, and I did do a search first but didn't find them.... The book said hold Scan & RDS!!! But it was the TP & RDS buttons to get it working.

Regards, Jason.

Grateful for the direction to the threads.

It was Scan and RDS, rather than TP, that worked for me.

Thanks for posting both sets of instructions Spike.

Ok so read, digested and followed said instructions. TP and RDS works for us, only after inputting code, pressing TP and RDS again, the unit shows SAFE again, it should then show a radio station........mine dosent move from 'Safe' ???
Any suggestions please??!!

Ta mucho

Back