Trying to install an aftermarket radio without a wiring harness :confused:

audi Atwo

Past Member
Hi all,

In need of a little help :confused: I have a Audi a2 2004 1.6 fitted with the concert single cd player I have tried to wire up a jvc head unit but only got the front speakers to work no rear sound as none of the wires what I think is the rear speakers is not responding. I have noticed that also there is doubled up wire for one connection they are both brown/white as I took apart the original connector (I know that was a no brainier), here is a picture of the back of the original stereo and the wires I just need to figure out what I need to connect to get the rear speakers working in the new HU and I was told if I connect the blue auto antenna lead to a wire off one of these this will activate the amp for the rear speakers which leads to my second question is there an actual amp for the rear speakers?

this is the back of the original unit
IMG00217-20120422-2038.jpg

this is the picture of the wires that I need to figure out to get the back speakers working the wires are as follows
orange/ brown and orange/green
brown/white x2 both in one connector for some reason?
red/blue
white
yellow
IMG00221-20120423-2027.jpg

Thanks

John

Attachments

• IMG00217.jpg
    IMG00217.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,786
Last edited:
Ok I have managed to sort it and get my jvc hu working with all speakers :)after abit of reasearch and testing these were my findings:

Audi concert single cd stereo is not bose but does have an amplifier of some sort.
Also from the picture above (in the first thread) the read/ blue wire needs to be connected to the auto antenna lead from new hu wiring (normaly blue) to activate any amplifier.
With my wiring loom there was a brown/white doubled wire I had to split this to get the right and left correct on the hu they were the negatives and the whit and yellow was the positives. I'm still trying to work out what the orange wires connect to to get the stereo to work with the ignition but will update as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Hi All bringing up an old thread of mine as i need some help I have photos so hope this helps as above I previously had to rewire some of the stereo loom to get an after market radio going that was fine, however I am now upgrading back to an Audi unit but have had a problem my original wires are different colours to the ones on the OEM loom I have?? for instance my wiring from my original loom are as follows

brown-white + white both in one connector for some reason?= speakers
red/blue= antenna with low voltage for amp ect
white= speaker I think
yellow= speaker

the wires on this are

green
white
grey
brown
black
yellow
also a transparent wire with no wire inside?

I have attached pictures of mine and the loom I bought first set are the new loom and the last ones are from my loom in the car.
image[5].jpgimage[4].jpgimage[3].jpgimage[2].jpgimage[1].jpgimage.jpg

just an update managed to resolve with the simplest method got the original concert stereo out and hey presto I now know more than 10 mins ago! lol

OK so just installed the original concert Cd stereo back in to the car 3 problems I have that I don't understand

1 after installing all the wires I am left with a black and brown one?

2 the stereo FM is playing fine but I insert a Cd and nothing no sound once i eject the cd the stereo go's to max volume?

3 does not poer off with ignition?

Last edited:
With regards to 3. are there not two 12v wires on the standard loom?
One switched (red) and one constant (yellow).
I am sure there is an old thread detailing the issue somewhere on here.

Are the two CAN wires (orange/green and orange/brown) connected correctly? They should be in the middle third of the miniISO connector, though I don't know the precise pin numbers off the top of my head. These wires could be the cause of your third issue.

Cheers,

Tom

fixed problem just removed fuse for 30 seconds and all back to normal :)

Ok thanks guys it was all wired correct on the power front of things but now the rear speakers are playing up not sure what I'm doing wrong here but with all the wires connected the sound at the back is tinny. Take off any one lead out, the sound is as it should be the only issue is the lead for that side of the speaker is now not on?

Are the two CAN wires (orange/green and orange/brown) connected correctly? They should be in the middle third of the miniISO connector, though I don't know the precise pin numbers off the top of my head. These wires could be the cause of your third issue.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks tom did double check that and read up on it removed the fuse for 30 seconds and all was fine the issue i have now is the speakers the sound will come out from the back a bit tini with all leads connected once I take one of the four speaker wires off it sounds as it should but without one side working?

To be perfectly honest, it sounds like things are just thoroughly messed up. Without using my own eyes and getting my hands in, it's almost impossible to say where the issue lies.
I don't understand what was done to fit the aftermarket unit and therefore what needed to be undone in order to go back to an OEM system.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks tom I know it was a right state I managed to figure out the wires in the end took over 5 hours all in but just had to keep connecting and disconnecting the speaker wires untill it was right lol

Back