Retro DIS - How far can I go?

DJ 190

A2OC Donor
I tagged some questions onto an existing thread, regarding this topic ..... I did not receive any response, so I'm separately posting it on a new thread, in the hope that you are able to help? This is what I said :-
(Regarding connections to be made to the new DIS cluster) ..... There are 4 additional connections (pins 5 & 6 are already present on a non-DIS A2) to be made from the brown connecting plug to the new wiper control arm. Three of those wires link to pins 17-19 on the grey plug associated with the DIS cluster and the 4th. wire is to earth. Now, there are further assignments to be made to that 32-pin grey plug, attaching to the new DIS cluster. They are as follows :- Pin 5 : CAN high-speed (display "+"), Pin 6 : CAN high speed (display "-"), Pin 14 : Brake lights, Pin 15 : Washing water level, Pin 16 : Tail lights/dipped beams, (Pins 17-19 go to the stalk, to control on-board computer functions) So, where are the connections made for those CAN wires? I am fitting the larger washing water tank, complete with level sensor, so that is Pin 15 accounted for .... I presume that pins 14 and 16 are to do with bulb-failure monitoring?. I have decided to not make use of this feature, so am I right in assuming that these are the two pins that "graigyb" shorted to earth? I would like your help as to exactly how far I can go before I will require some VAG-Com work ? What exactly does this consist of? I know that this is the only way to reset the indicated mileage, but as I have an RNS-E unit fitted, then I would obviously like to have radio stations and Sat-Nav directions displayed on the DIS, too. Does this require VAG-Com? Now, who would be able to help me with that VAG Com aspect of the installation? Am I right in assuming that Mike (Skipton) is no longer available to offer his services to club members? I am aware that members "Sarge-786" and "Hotstuff" have quite some experience in this field, but neither is very near to me .... I would still be very grateful for your help though .... don't get me wrong! LOL! Audi Dealerships are absolutely no help whatsoever! O.K., that's it ... itching to install this DIS cluster .... it's just sitting there on the bench in the garage .... I think it's got a bit of a sad look to it? LOL!

David

Hi David.

To move the mileage the new cluster I beleve you need something in addition to the regular vag com. The only two people who can can do this are mike Skipton and sarge. If I remember corectly Tony hotstuff had the dealer do this for him. I am seeing Tony next weekend so I will ask him.

Cheers

David

Back