Which VAG heated seat elements for sport seats

terrywindy1

A2OC Donor
I am trying to fit heated seat elements to to my sport seats.I have bought elements for an 01 Audi TT (8NO963555B and 8NO963557B),the trimmers have phoned me today to tell me that the elements do not fit. Has anyone who has had them fitted and got part numbers or a VAG model that do fit

There is no replacement element listed for the leather seats.
On the catalogue for cloth seats the rear element is:
8Z0 963 557 E
8Z0 963 557 D

Also for the seat base:
8Z0 963 555 D
8Z0 963 555 E

I have not fitted them as mine were already fitted but the part numbers are those on the Audi catalogue for A2 seats.

Hope this helps!

John

If anyone else is interested in fitting these elements 8Z0 963 557 E/ 8Z0 963 555 E to sport seats
I have had them fitted to one seat and the trimmers said were a perfect fit. Unfortunatly Audi parts have told me that they have not got any more seat elements left,
I only have one for the other seat ,Audi have said they will get the manufactors to make another batch but it will not be until after the new year Price for all four elements is £369 including VAT

Excellent news, Terry!

So, you're saying that 8Z0 963 557 E and 8Z0 963 555 E are the elements needed for Sport seats? I'm guessing two of each are needed?
I'd always been under the impression that Audi never made heating elements for the A2 as separate items and that they came integrated with some covers. These are 8Z specific parts, though.

Good detective work. When you first posted the news about the TT elements, I had a bit of a panic as fitting heating elements to my Sport seats is definitely in the pineline.

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom
I thought you would be interested, yes you need two of each .
These elements are for cloth seats which i had fitted to my other leather seats and take about 2minutes to heat up ,so probably not as the good as the integrated covers
Have you fitted that climate control panel yet?

Excellent news, Terry!

So, you're saying that 8Z0 963 557 E and 8Z0 963 555 E are the elements needed for Sport seats? I'm guessing two of each are needed?
I'd always been under the impression that Audi never made heating elements for the A2 as separate items and that they came integrated with some covers. These are 8Z specific parts, though.

Good detective work. When you first posted the news about the TT elements, I had a bit of a panic as fitting heating elements to my Sport seats is definitely in the pineline.

Thanks!

Tom

Keep us updated on your progress with your heated seats project Tom. Getting the heating elements fitted to my Sports seats is definitely next priority for my car, so I will watch with interest :)

Cheers,
Rob.

I spoke to Audi parts yesterday as i am still waiting for my element. He made some phone calls and it looks like Audi are looking for a new supplier to manufacturer the elements and will not be made until the end of February at least Are heated SE seats working yet Rob?

Last edited:
I spoke to Are heated SE seats working yet Rob?

I've been away over Christmas so yet to put seats in, hopefully this weekend :) I've ordered the loom and hopefully found a panel with switches so it shouldn't be long before its all connected :)

Cheers Rob.

I could fit lumbar support into my SE leather seats (from some sports seats that I have acquired) At the same time I could fit heating elements .... BUT, last night the temp. was 13 degrees and today, 16 degrees! This is mid-winter! We are not in Russia or Scandinavia! Is it really justified?. There are a handful of days when it is really cold! I could just use thicker underwear! LOL!

David

David, I know I've explained this one to you before when you've made the same point about heated seats.

Just thought i would up date this thread. My seat element has still not been manufactuered i was told last Friday by Audi parts should be made by the end of March. So should get my heated seats in time for summer!
Terry

:cool:

Do these heat the bolsters as well? Probably not I know, just I vaguely recall something like Recaros having elements there as well.

One of the times I found heated seats most useful was when my back gave a twinge on a long journey. A bit of heat for a little while and it went, handy when I was still hours from home.

Back