lost turbo

bigwig74

hi looking for some help ive got a 1.4tdi thats lost the turbo power,ive looked at the intercooler thats still clean no oil leaks changed the air flow meter and pulled the main intercooler pipe on the top of the engine which is sucking and blowing as if theres turbo boost pressure?anyone any ideas thanks

Last edited:
I've had issues with mine, haven't been able to pin point the fault as of yet. When does the turbo power go? Is it when the car is going or is it from the start? With mine it goes as i'm driving along. I have to pull over switch the engine off and on again and the turbo comes back. I've had the threshold altered in the ECU, not sure whether its helped or not as it has happened a couple of times since but not as often or maybe since having the car remapped my driving style has changed??? who knows! Do you get any faults come up?

I'm still waiting for my NHN vcds cable to turn up hopefully Monday to try a scan and if anyone in Durham area needs a scan pm me

right finally got my vcds today and ive got the fault 17564 - Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) P1156 - 35-00 - Open/Short to Ground anyone had this problem before?

Today I've had mine looked at by Vince at Stealth and I'm having something to do with the manifold flap replaced tomorrow. When I'm there I can see what the fault code was and see if its the same. This flap thingy on my car is electronic. I think there is a different one that's not electronic on some. I don't fully understand it all but basically this flap is not opening correctly so air is not getting in. He says this would explain why I feel like i'm driving into a head wind all the time and reduced umph. I should know by lunchtime tomorrow if its done the trick.

Sounds like a problem with the anti-shudder valve. This has a flap which shuts off the air supply to the cylinders when the engine is switched off. The ultra high compression pistons have no air to compress so the engine comes to a gentle (rather than abrupt) stop........you've guessed, without shuddering.
If the flap fails in the partially closed position then the engine will be starved of air at higher engine speeds as Vince suggested.

Cheers Spike

Today I've had mine looked at by Vince at Stealth and I'm having something to do with the manifold flap replaced tomorrow. When I'm there I can see what the fault code was and see if its the same. This flap thingy on my car is electronic. I think there is a different one that's not electronic on some. I don't fully understand it all but basically this flap is not opening correctly so air is not getting in. He says this would explain why I feel like i'm driving into a head wind all the time and reduced umph. I should know by lunchtime tomorrow if its done the trick.
that would be great if you could do that thanks

Just got back from Stealth. The fault code on mine was 19559 - motor intake manifold flap. P3103 - malfunction- intermittent. So its a different fault to yours. I've had the new one fitted and the car seems much more willing to go. So hopefully this has fixed my fault.

Back