CCU repaired :-) now require VAG COM for Remote Control/Key Fob Matching

Dazmo10

Hi Gang

Have recently used the excellent services of fellow A2OC member LAU in Germany to repair my CCU; It was not allowing the remote key fob to lock/unlock any of the centrally locking doors via remote signals.

CCU returned now and LAU informs me that final stage I require to get all functioning again it to re-match the key to the Comfort Control Unit. He has even given me the link to the written procedure on the Ross-Tech website.

Now all I need now is somebody with the VAG Com system and bingo!..sooooooo supprise supprise Im on the lookout for a knowledgable Lady or Gent in my area; Bedfordshire, with VAG COM to complete this procedure. I know its a bit of a liberty to be on the scrounge already in only my second post (please see recent introduction) but I'm looking to tap in to all of this post Christmas/New Year's good spirit floating around and of course, notwithstanding that, I wouldnt dream of expecting someone to give their time for free without suitable compensation...namely you John-Wingnut! lol...Ive checked the map and I know you are out there ;-)

Happy New Year All!

Daz

Thanks for the response Guys

Have indeed popped over to my Introduction and appears there may be a wealth of VAG Com owners in my area...oh Joy! Stealers be damned! lol

Thanks J but I can see your Tring and raise you a Milton Keynes hopefully, although ofcourse a lot depends on more than just owning the kit; we need to be able to do the re-match as well with it...

Ah yes those guys..would you believe me I actualy work just across the way from them...Good suggestion though..I was planning a re-map from them so no doubt they have the VAG COM VCCDS etc that I require...

Hi Daz,

Just a quickie.....the re-matching of your keys isn't a big deal, so any of us will be able to sort this out for you.

I'm not sure how often John-Wingnut visits these pages, and I know Hotstuff only views occasionally, so if you have any trouble getting a response from a PM let me know and I'll contact them directly for you.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Thanks for that..actually firing out the PM's as we speak...If I get no Joy then its sounds like your the man with the plan..may just take that trip up north where others fear to tread :p

Cheers

Daz

Bingo

John Wingnut has been in contact...busy gentleman at the moment but trying to accomadate me inbetween his DIY projects..watch this space for developments..once again couldnt have done it without you guys..many thanks....

Working!!!!!!!

Central locking now off key fob..amazing how the simplest things can bring such pleasure :)

I have the incomprable John Wingnut to thank for that...such a grafter and on a saturday afternoon and all..Im eternally grateful....Once more the good folk of the A2 owners forum come to the rescue :cool:

One thing...Im now finding I cant get my alarm to sound either from purposely setting it off or if activated via the key fob..its was one of the functions we activated while working on my comfort module but after doing so discovered there was no sound to be had..feeble as it is, eventhough Im certain I had it working before the whole comfort module/key programming conundrum started because I kept setting it off by not being quick enought to put the key in the igniton after opening the door with it..any suggestions guys ?

Daz

You've got two culprits to test:

The CCU, as its got the faulty unit code showing - contact Lau and ask his opinion.

The beeper unit at the rear has died - replace.

Now, when we purposely set the alarm off, the CCU did activate the indicators which would show that, that part of it, is working.

I would check the wiring, ask Lau about the faulty unit code and then change the beeper - in that order.

John

ps did the anti-hijack feature start working - as in locking doors above 10mph???

Hi Guys

Spoke to Lau his reply was

we did find a fault code keep coming up for the comfort module which we couldn't clear
it is ok, you can ignore it

In regards to the beeper he says I would have to recode it for the options available for my A2

Any suggestions before I get into the strip down of my interior trim to get at the wiring and beeper guys ?

Yes Anti - Jack functions perfectly...so so pleased with all these little options you switched on John..thanks

Cheers Guys

Hi Daz,

Pleased John was available to help you re-code for your keys and get the anti-hijack working.

I doubt it, but did you have a scan performed prior to sending the CCCU off to Lau. Reason for asking is this will show the full coding of your unit prior to it being repaired, therefore the original settings could be re-instated?

If not, perhaps John provided you with a copy of the scan results as they are now, or if not, maybe he could email them to you and you could pass them on to me so I can take a look to see if the coding looks correct!

If you're free today, perhaps we can help out. I'm in MK from around 1pm at another members home only 5 mins from John's, and I'm sure you'd be welcome to pop round so we could take a look for you.

I'll PM you my phone number in case you're free.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Jeff

His coding is correct. The beeper was not working even with the original coding. His original coding was 6858.

So that is coding options: 2, 8, 64, 128, 512, 2048 and 4096.

I used the coding chart off elsawin, to double check everything and the value of coding used was 7935. This is also what my CCU has on it, which was done by Skipton.

This value contains options: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096.

After coding the CCU with this new value and finding out the beeper didnt work, we recoded back to the original value and it still didnt work.

So I then put the 7935 back in and again no beeper.

However, the locking via speed and Selective CL is working fine, so the options are programmable to his unit.

If Lau has fixed the unit surely it shouldnt have a Faulty unit code / DTC?

John

Sorry for late reply guys...I was in MK on that Saturday but just didnt have the time to get over...shame as such a missed opportunity as well...

To answer your question Jeff..no I didnt have a scan performed..using this forum as a guide I figured it was most likely CCU error so took the gamble and sent the module off to Lau with only modest checks on the key fobs battery and signal output being done prior to this.

As Ive said before the Alarm was sounding while the CCU was away being repaired if a little weakly but I beleive this is common to the A2; once the unit returned I didnt set the alarm off un il the re programming of the Key Fob took place so cant vouvh for its working or not prior to this.

Cheers

DaZ

Hi Daz,

Do you know the full part number of your CCCU?

I (and possibly others here) might have a spare you could borrow to confirm if the issue is with the CCCU or the alarm.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi

I beleive the code you require is 8Z0 959 433 Q ?..If not I have attached a complete picture of the unit.

Kind regards,

Daz. IMG_1586.JPG

Hi Daz,

I've just put a Q unit in the post to Lau for repair. It's then being sent to Andy B to replace his broken Q unit. He could then keep the chain going by sending his broken Q unit to Lau. As long as a broken Q unit is returned to me at the end of the chain, I'm happy for it to keep going...

PS: Does the CCCU that you've pictured date from 2008? If so, it's already been replaced once.

Tom

Last edited:
Hi

Mines been repaired though so im hoping its more a programming issue or an issue with the buzzer wiring or buzzer its self...

Yes I think maybe as theres history with the car showing central locking issues before but nothing specific regards an actual new unit...

Thanks

Daz

Hmmm.... the plot thickens.

I received the repaired CCCU from Lau and guess what? It didn't sound the alarm siren when the alarm was activated either. Luckily I still had the original unit so I could do a little comparative testing.

I added 1024 to the repaired unit's coding of 06858 i.e. beep on lock, and when the car was locked via the door key barrel... no beep is heard.

I then fitted my original unit, also coded with 06858, & again added 1024. And when the car was locked via the door key barrel... a beep is heard.

Now my keys haven't yet been matched to the repaired unit but it appears from Dazmo & John's experience key matching doesn't help either.

So all I can conclude, is that either we've missed out on something obvious or something has changed with Lau's repair method. I'm off to take the hound for his walk and have a think but probably ping Lau tomorrow to see if he has any thoughts.

Cheers,

Andy B

Back