BA9S Interior LED Bulbs

sinlessUK

Hi,

Are we all still modifying these bulbs, (reversing polarity) or has anyone found some that have this already done....

Just need to replace these two and it's a 'Full Interior LED Upgrade' done....

Kindest Regards

Last edited:
Hypercolor.de provide bulbs correctly setup for the A2 and even do kits for all the interior bulbs.
It is not clear which BA9S on there list have which polarity but they were very helpful when I ordered a kit.

i would say that they need reversing--its quite easy if you have a soldering iron. cheers mike

hi right first thing you need solder---soldering iron---sharp modelling knife---short length of cat5 wire.

do you have those? if yes carry on if no----go to ebay and buy bulbs that are not polarity sensitive.

1st thing remove "nipple" from end of bulb with iron
2nd cut the strand of wire free from the end using craft knife
3rd un bond the lens/led holder from metal base using sharp knife
4th bent long leg back to look like short leg---so it contacts the metal body when re assembled.
5th solder extension to short leg once you straighten it out to look like the old long leg
6th replace metal body trapping short leg and allow long leg to protrude through "nipple"
7th re solder the "nipple"
test with 9v battery

simples cheers mike

Hi yes I did ask about the non polarity bulbs and I have ordered them today just need them to arrive in the post to see what happens.

Neel

Excellent, this post really helped out! Fitted LED's the other day, ones in the back worked, but couldn't work out why the front ones didn't. Got out the multimeter and found polarity was backwards...thought for one horrid minute it was my car, but this has reassured me. Thanks All.

wouldn't flipping it around 180 degrees and refitting it solve the problem?

No,

There is one contact at the bottom and the other contact is the metal bulb-holder itself, so turning the bulb makes no difference unfortunately.

Steve B

Back