What headlight Bulb?

wildnomad

Hi there,

Anyone know where I can find a 'normal' dipped headlight bulb. I've looked on the internet and they all seem to be these super bright blue things which generally seem to fail M.O.t's. I just want what ever Audi put in their A2's. Yes I could go to the dealer but they'll probably want 5 times more money than they actually cost!

Thanks in advance

Mike ;-)

Osram nightbreaker H7 from Amazon. About £12 a pair and completely normal colour, just bright (and legal).
I use them in both my cars.

Nightbreakers and Ring Ultima are both standard colour and both improve visibility massivly over the standard bulbs. The non-Nighbreaker bulbs from Osram and their Philips full beam counterpart really were not bright enough in my car.
The Nighbreaker plus gives a much more even light and greater distance and the Ring Xenon Ultima 120% H7 has a much wider beam and works very well.

Just don't what ever you do buy the Halfords Extreme bulbs - they go pop about every 6months - I've chewed through way too many of them in the last couple of years! Am now back with standard regular Bosch candles. Relying on guesswork in the dark pretty much :(

H7 IS single filament, there is no such thing as a twin element h7...... I use Philips equivalent of the Osram Nightbreaker. Personally I think A 2 headlights are quite good, or at least they are in comparison with the Seat Altea/Toledo that even with uprated bulbs are rubbish headlights.

Back