Correct tyre Pressures needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy1

I have just bought some Audi 17"x 7" rims and new Michelin Pilot Sport tyres (205x40x17). As these will replace my Se 16" wheels i only have the 185 width tyre pressures on the petrol cap. can someone tell me what the factory pressures are meant to be please (front and back for nominal anf full load. Many thanks

PS I am taking back two of the wheels/tyres to be re-fitted as they have not seated correctly. Two tyres sit with the rim protector proud of the rim but the other two do not! Anyone else had this?

2003 FSi SE in Ebony Black Pearlescent; Climate; DIS; Winter Pack; Sports Steering Wheel; Copilot Light and Upgraded bulbs

The load indexes are 81 (462kg) for the 185/50R16 tyre and 80 (450kg) or 84 (500kg) for the 205/40R17 tyre. So on that basis the tyre pressures should be about the same.

For Part Load is 30psi Front 28psi Rear
For Full load is 36psi Front 38psi Rear

This for a FSI Sport on 205/40/17 tyres.

Personally I run 34-36 all round all the time.

Cheers
Rod

Many thanks Rod

2003 FSi SE in Ebony Black Pearlescent; Climate; DIS; Winter Pack; Sports Steering Wheel; Copilot Light and Upgraded bulbs

Hi poppy1,

just out of interest how much did you pay for your alloys & tyres and where did you purchase them from?

Cheers!!

I bought genuine Audi wheels for £1031 including centre caps. It was cheaper to get the tyres seperately for £420 these are Michelin Pilot Sport extraload. NB I would recomend the extraload to all A2 drivers as the standard ones do not protect the wheels, as i found out when they tried to fob me off with a 'set' of two standard ones made in 2001 and two extraloads made in 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back