Suspension advice on an SE Tdi 75 - with OSS

Hedge

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

I'v researched the suspension advice on here endlessly. Decided to plump for the Monroe shocks & stock OEM springs. BUT!

I can't seem to find any owner with a Monroe/ Spidan spring set up & I'm (even now) tempted to go this route. Bearing in mind the OSS & with my car being an SE, not a Sport, should I be worried about OEM vs Spidans or not? The only Monroe equipped cars I've seen all have OEM springs; just wondered why.

Any advice - and I appreciate how often this subject has been covered, so sorry - would be most appreciated. I only want to do this once, after all.

Thanks,
Hedge

P.S. Sarge shall be fitting em.

Hi Hedge,

To my knowledge, there is no one with a Monroe/Spidan setup, but I encourage you to give it a go, as I suspect it could be the most cost-effective way to a decent, comfortable setup.
From what I understand, the Monroe shocks do not impart lift at the front, unlike the FSDs. Therefore, for the TDI, the correct Spidan springs will be 49515.

I suspect that, without Koni's FSDs, the Spidan 49527 (which is what I use) could result in the front of the car sitting too low.

Cheers,

Tom

Ok Tom, I'll go forrit then, being the true pioneer that I clearly am. Thanks for your advice.
Cheers,
Hedge

Excellent! :)

Be sure to let us know the results. Are you planning on sticking with your OEM rear springs, or would you like a set of Spidan springs on the back, too?

Cheers,

Tom

I still have my account with the German supplier, who appear to have them in stock. If you want, I can place an order on your behalf and then forward the parts by post.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
I still have my account with the German supplier, who appear to have them in stock. If you want, I can place an order on your behalf and then forward the parts by post. Cheers, Tom
Yes, that would be perfect. I'll PM you, Tom.
Many thanks,
Hedge

Back