Tow bar

andrewwhite

A2OC Donor
I have just had sound advice from members on the topic of roof racks. What about tow bars?
Has any one advice to offer on towing a boat and trailer with a maximum combined weight of 500kgs?

Regards, Andy White

there is only one tow bar and it's the genuine Audi version. It's incredibly expensive (£800+) Well, I think that is the cost? Anyway, I've only ever seen one come up for sale on "Ebay", in 4 years!

David

I'm sure that those prices are NOT for the full kit? The very expensive item is not the bar, but the detachable ball? I don't mind being found to be wrong .... I'll get one myself if I am! LOL!

David

yes, but GDW and Bosal still have kits available. The ball isn't that expensive, it's a couple of hundred, the bar is another couple of hundred. THe rest is electronics and the mounts.

And then the time to take the bumper off and drill the holes.

- Bret

There was a second-hand Audi tow-bar on "Ebay", a while back. It's the only one I've ever seen! It was not quite complete, missing some bolts/fitments. It sold for around £300! I was tempted and was "negotiating" for it ... someone just then paid a better price! Oh, a local tow-bar fitter had agreed to fit it for £150! (even after knowing what was involved!) A slight "problem" might have been the fact that my car has the full "Votex" body kit fitted. There might have been a fair amount of "butchering" to allow for the hitch to be positioned! I had it in mind to make a screwed, removable plate which would have then completely hidden the hitch mounting mechanism. You wouldn't even have known that it was there! Oh, Bret ... "expensive" is a relative term! LOL! Something costing 100's of thousands of £££'s is probably not expensive to Richard Branson. Something costing a tenner IS expensive for someone struggling to live on benefits! I wonder where you are located in the scheme of things? LOL! Yes, I said LOL!

David

When I bought our kit from Stoke Audi it was about £625 for the kit and it cost me close to £350 for the 6.5hrs labour it required to fit. Little change out of £1,000.

Detachable 3yrs ago Hereford ,At the time Audi wanted 1000 ,Towbar supplied by the fitter and it took 3hrs I have mentioned the fellas name in previous post

I thought that you were going to say that his name was "Jesus"! It sure sounds like a miracle to me! Is "ha-ha" better to use here, Tom?

David

Back