Light Recommendation

bm_sthlm

A2OC Donor
Hey guys,

Im a bit lost in the sea of car bulbs. You see, I drive a lot in areas with no or very bad light during the nights... dont ask why.... ;) So I thought I would change my H3 and H7 bulbs to something better. And since I have no experience in this things I thought I would ask you guys. I'm ready to pay for quality within reason.

Thnx in advance.

Hi,

my commute to work is through the country on unlit roads.

The first thing I did when I got my A2 was to change the H7 dipped beams for Ring Xenon Ultima +120% and the H3 main beams for Osram Night Breaker Plus +90%. I do appreciate the increased light, not as bright as HID lights but 100% legal.
The light is brighter and whiter than the standard bulbs. I've had them in for over a year with no trouble.

regards

Andrew

Osram nightbreaker plus 90% as standard here. Buy them 3 packs a time from Amazon.

Powerbulbs do worldwide mail order and are very good with customer care if ever you have a problem, the latest Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited is available in both H3 and H7 and you'll also get a free pair of W5W sidelight bulbs too.

Here's the set of bulbs listed for the A2: http://www.powerbulbs.com/vehicles/cars/uk-ireland/audi/a2/2000-2005/car-headlight-bulbs

Osram Nightbreaker Unlimted with 110% better light output, upto 40m of extra visibility & 20% whiter light: http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/night-breaker-unlimited-h7

I went for the Ring Ultima for the main beam as they claim to have 120% more light than a standard bulb. The best Osram Nightbreaker at the time was only 90% brighter. I haven't seen the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited before, just looked them up. The specs show 110% brighter than standard. Osram do seem to be good in that they do publish more technical details about their bulbs than Ring, but I haven't seen any of the manufactures actually report how bright they are (e.g. in lumens) to allow for a direct comparison. Without a definition of a "standard bulb", one manufacturer could simply choose a rubbish one as a benchmark to and make their product look good!

regards

Andrew

Andrew, Ring are a budget brand, I've found Philips and Osram bulbs to be far superior in terms of durability and light output in comparison to a few other brands.

Norbert, those bulbs are illegal for road use.

Back