Aftermarket rear amp recommendation

Ricardo

A2OC Donor
Can't find anything specific already but given the 4 door speakers are the same I find the output from the rears is weak compared with the fronts. So the head unit output is ok but I would like to replace the rear secondary amp.

Ideally something with a sub output too so that in the future I can have a sub in the boot similar to the Bose setup.

Can anyone recommend a suitable amp or what spec will suit the OE speakers?

Thanks

I have a spare Audi amplifier that drives the rear speakers. I have lots of those speakers, spare, too. I suggest that you find what's faulty by just changing-over the path of the speakers coming from your amplifier between front and rear. By elimination, you will determine if (a), the amplifier is faulty, (b), a speaker(s) is/are faulty. Please P.M. me if I can be of any assistance. It may be neither of these, and be the head-unit.

David

Perfect answer - many thanks.

David, thanks but both my A2's audio systems work - it's just I would like to have the rear amp match the head units output which the OE rear amp does not.

JL Audio microsub sits nicely under the false floor. Amazing bass and sound too, really well reviewed.

Just took the L+R rear speakers to the AMP, took a feed from the back of the head unit using 'QUICKSPLICE SCOTCHLOCKS '

Can post a pic of the connections used on the AMP if it helps.

Back