CCCU repairs

A2 Cars

Some months back forum administration and members received a shock when it was announced that Lau, of the German A2 Forum had decided that he would not undertake repairs from UK members due to the inappropriate behaviour of one or two UK members that did not uphold the spirit of their respective transactions.

Since then, some consultation has taken place to restore Lau's confidence in the UK membership and for us to again benefit from his expertise in repairing CCCU's. At the time A2 Cars, had suggested we would be prepared to carry some units in stock to assist the local membership base, but to date there has been no long term solution to Lau's position.

As some members will be aware, I am currently in Germany on business. I have taken the opportunity to contact and meet with Lau with a view to earning his trust and negotiating his diagnostic & repair services.

To this end, I can report that Lau has agreed to repair CCCU's for the UK membership base. Lau has agreed to work with us at A2 Cars, whereby we will be the conduit for the transfer of faulty and repaired units. In this way, Lau is assured that he deals with a single point of contact eliminating potential issues and he will be remunerated for his services timeously. Our intention at A2 Cars is, over time, to have a number of tested and working examples in stock to speed-up the repair process.

I think it is important to note that this is in no way an effort to establish a monopoly, but rather a process whereby past discrepancies are not repeated. Our intentions have been discussed with the administrators and we embarked on this route with their approval. We will soon announce how we will manage the exchange programme in the UK, and members (and Lau) have the added assurance in dealing with a reputable business.

All enquiries relating to faulty CCCU's can be addressed by way of PM. We hope this new arrangement will be beneficial to all UK members as well as for Lau, who, incidentally, is also contracted to some very big names in the automotive industry.

blue skies
the team at A2 Cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Back