Engine hesitating under pressure

Hi Guys,
My 1.6 FSI has problem when it is under a small amount of pressure as in going uphill etc.
It starts to hesitate and the engine management light flashes. When I back off the light goes out and as long as I am very gentle on the throttle all is OK.

Any ideas where to start?

Hi first thing to get is a scan and then post the results on here. It could be a coil pack starting to fail under load. Or a lambda probe altering the mixture to far out of limits. cheers mike

yes but there is a nox sensor further down the system. My advice is to buy genuine as they are fussy on sensors. cheers mike

After I replaced the fuel pump and the fuel pressure valve on mine, all problems were gone.
And I got a new crankshaft sensor while they replaced the dead generator at Audi service, but the fuel pump solved the problem I believe.
I'm running it on Shell 98 V-Power (if it really is 98, I don't know, in Denmark the same fuel is called 100, in Germany 101 or something) and and flush it twice with BG44.

Before that, I replaced lambda, throttle, egr, ignition coils, cleaned grounding points, I don't remember what else, but the uphill hickups and engine lamp flashing were still there...

If I buy another 1.6FSI I would replace the fuel pump first.

VCDS returns these faults:-

17861 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor
P1453 - 35 00 -
16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 35 00
16685 - Cylinder 1
P0301 - 35 00 - Misfire Detected
16687 - Cylinder 3
P0303 - 35 00 - Misfire Detected

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks

Back