Parts and there Prices

joeyquattro

Alright Gents, Im after some help. I've just hooked my ECU up to my laptop to run the diagnostics test and it's answered some qurations.

My EMS light came on two days after buying the car (typical timing I know). It turns out that the AC Evaporator Temperature Sensor is on the blink. I've got all the codes and part numbers etc but I'm reluctant to pay Audi prices. I can't find a sensor anywhere so I would ask you kind people if you know where I may purchase one at a good price.

Secondly as I found out in the first few days of owning the car, my CCCU is kapput. I can either change the chip but I'm not sure on prices or where to buy them. Or I can buy a whole knew CCCU but run into the same problem.

Can anyone help me out please?

Hi,

the G263 sensor (part number 6Q0 907 543 D) isn't that expensive. I think mine cost around £20 from Audi when I bought it a year ago.

Changing it can be difficult though, there is an alternative to the usual practice of taking the whole dash out if you feel up to it. See the following post:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...-temperature-sender-without-removing-the-dash

The Evaporator Temperature Sensor however won't make the warning light turn on. The only thing you will notice is that the A/C won't be as cold as it should be and the fault code displayed by your reader. When the climate control can't measure the air temperature it runs the compressor in a low power mode to make sure the cooling matrix doesn't freeze up.

If you are getting a warning light then there is another problem causing it.

regards

Andrew

I think I've found the issue of the EML... The G2 Sensor, Coolant Temperature sensor. My Engine Temperature Gauge hasn't been working but I've only been doing short journeys so I've not given it time to kick in. But today I gave the old girl a blast up the motorway for a good hour and the gauge didn't move. So that's my fault I'm guessing?

Cheers for the help Gentlemen.

Hi,

the G263 sensor (part number 6Q0 907 543 D) isn't that expensive. I think mine cost around £20 from Audi when I bought it a year ago.

Changing it can be difficult though, there is an alternative to the usual practice of taking the whole dash out if you feel up to it. See the following post:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...-temperature-sender-without-removing-the-dash

The Evaporator Temperature Sensor however won't make the warning light turn on. The only thing you will notice is that the A/C won't be as cold as it should be and the fault code displayed by your reader. When the climate control can't measure the air temperature it runs the compressor in a low power mode to make sure the cooling matrix doesn't freeze up.

If you are getting a warning light then there is another problem causing it.

regards

Andrew

The G263 sensor is that the CCCU?

The G263 sensor is that the CCCU?

Hi the G263 sensor is the temperature sensor for the air conditioning system and is connected to the controller which is the digital display below the radio in the centre console.

The CCCU is the computer which controls various ancillary systems such as the door locks, electric windows, interior lighting and the remote key button control. Its located in the under floor compartment in the front passenger foot well where the engine control unit is also located.

If you have scanned the car with something like VAG-COM then that should show the part number in the logs. You can also have a look at the unit as the part number is visible on the case. The CCCU is the black plastic box at the top of the stack (the engine ECU is below).

See picture from my FSI:

DSC03032.jpg

There were quite a few revisions and different part numbers. Some supersede earlier units and some are for particular models (e.g. petrol vs. diesel). A like for like replacement will work where as some later units can be used and others cannot. Later units also changed the frequency for the remote key control.

If you do change the unit for a replacement then the new unit will need to be programmed for the features present in your car so it knows what to control and also paired with your key remotes. Note that this is just for the remote locking and unlocking and not the immobiliser which is controlled by the engine ECU and instruments.

The earlier units have a chip which is known to be unreliable and fail with age. Therefore buying a second hand direct equivalent which will be of similar age will likely have a similar chance of failing. Repairing your existing unit is probably the most cost effective solution as you will be getting a new part and which I believe is a more reliable version anyway.

regards

Andrew

Andrew, thank you so much for that post. I'm pretty sure I'm going to attempt to repair the CCCU.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a pain, but I've said it was the Evaporator Temp Sensor but it's called the Condensor Sensor. Same thing? Same place?

Back