And problems again.... Air con not working.

Hello evryone. Yesterday it was hot in my A2 so i set the ac to lowest temp (lo) ECON off and the fan speed to the midle. At the first moment the ac start to blow cold air for about 30 to 40 seconds. After that the air becom wormer. After a 1 or 2 mins its start to blow again cold.....So can i run a vag com to test the ac system or somting else before going to profesional help? The outside temp was 16 19 degres celsius but in the car probably a 25 celsius. The car is 1.4 aua engine. I feel wen the air stop to blow cold how the car drops the rpm so ac compresor switch off im i ringht , and rpm going up wen the cold air arives. So wath to do now ?

If you have vcds scan the car for fault codes and write them down or save the log.

I cant really help further than that, but you could also try this which syncs all the climate flaps. (It may or may not help)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427968347.205811.jpg

No erors in vag com. The prolem clearly are not the position off the flaps. Like i say clearly the ac compresor starts and stop. So im looking for a ac compresor problem or some sensor ho control the compresor?

Some update. Wen i give a little gas (about 2000rpm) and let i drop to idle the ac kick on for about 10 15 seconds and going off again. Not every time the ac turn on wen i do that? Same is wen i drive the car with no mater what speed the car is going the ac just turn on wen it decided to to work :D

I don't think it's your AC that is acting up. I think it's your fan, also known as the heater blower. Remove the fan and give it a good cleaning and greasing. There are threads about removing the fan here on the forum.

The fan on the front radiator or the fan in the interior? If you mean the fan in the interior wen the ac cut out definitely change his on rpm (wen the ac cut off the fan drops his on rpm)?

Last edited:
That fan was cleaned and service a couple mounts ago... Dose the A2 have e sensor ho stops the ac compressor to run wen the outside temp is to low ?

Yeah, it does, but down at 5 degrees Celsius or something like that. Have you done a vcds scan?

Mx the car is scanned with vag com (no errors). Today i hop i the car start engine set the temp to 20 degrees celsius and the ac run like new..... Strange......... I will go soon for checking the ac fluid (freon R134). Is the system containing 530grams or more?

Hi Dimitar,
My ECC sometimes has a mind of its own too !. I was advised to "exercise my flaps" on a regular basis to prevent the various parts sticking. Whenever i drive mine i put the temp from high to low, up and down a couple of times, and the same with my fan switch. It didnt work at first off but all was well next day. Up to press its all good - touch wood.
Ta
Dave
:)

The pure unadulterated pleasure in flicking and stroking the buttons up and down sends the temparature soaring into the "hi" range of ecstasy and pure indulgence until the sweet spot is reached over the torso, down your legs and in between your toes.
Fifty shades of climate control ?. :cool:

Last edited:
Hello all. Today i have a little free time and make a god test of my ac system. Vagcom tell me (Error 00818 - Sensor for evaporator outlet Temperature (g263) 30-00- open or short to plus. So is that my problem and what to do next? Can i test (or even bypass him) that sensor and if i need to replace the g263 can i do it without a dashboard remove... I thing i read some theme in the forum for that sensor but cant find it now.

10X Spike so i need to find the 2 wires from the sensor and test with multimeter for that resistance.
Temp Value (k.ohms)
30 2,19
25 2,72
20 3,40
15 4,28

If i found a wrong resistance i need a new sensor ? And one more question is this g263 sensor making my ac to doing the problem in the theme ? And can i do temporary bypass off the sensor with a resistor to test the system?

Found some interesting information for the sensor http://www.drive2.ru/l/1050764/ what do you think?

Last edited:
Back