Opensky lubricant?

Jeffers66

A2OC Donor
Hi, can anyone give me any pointers for a suitable grease/ lubricant for my opensky please,
Never had it before and certainly want to look after it, it's a 54 plate if that helps with I think the stronger running gear!
Many thanks jeff

Today I bought the Open Sky lubricant at a Audi dealer.
smörjmedel.jpg
The product number is G-060-751-A2 and I paid £ 29

I think there is a cleaner D 009 401 04 that should be used to remove old grease prior to add the new one. Any knowledge about it?

Last edited:
I had my roof replaced by Worthing Audi and they gave me some Wurth silicone lubricant to spray all the seals

OK, so can anyone help my cut through the myriad OSS lubricating options please? I have read here about the following Audi products:
1. G-000-450-02 described on Audiusaparts.com as 'grease' and retailing at $21.95
2. G-060-751-A2 described as 'paste' at $31.25;
3. G-060-751-A3 described as 'paste' at $49.10; and
3. G-052-172-A1 described as 'lubricant' at $40.18.

I am fairly relaxed about the cleaner (I'll just use brake cleaner) but which one (or two) do I need please?

I have just fitted a working second hand Opensky and want to keep it that way!

Also, does anyone have any experience of not replacing the metafol (double-sided sticky tape) which sits under the rear foot or so of the frame? It was late and I didn't have any suitable substitute so I just cleaned up as best I could and used Auto-Glym Vinyl and Rubber care on the all the rubber seals.

Any advice (as ever) much appreciated...

Simon

Back