Brake Caliper Carrier and Slide pins

Having recently replaced the brake discs on my A2, when putting them back together i found that one of the slide pins threads was in very poor condition and wouldn't tighten up. Now i'm after a new slide pin or pair of plus a caliper carrier as the threads could well be damaged in that also.

If anyone knows of a cheap source for these either good used or new then please let me know, cannot find them on the euro-parts website.

thanks
Steven

Hi Steven

The pins for the front brake caliper are listed as "guide pin" by Audi.
They are available separately, part number is 251 615 219 and retail at around £16 before VAT each.
My thoughts are that the issue lies more with the carrier, we have seen many a damaged thread!
Most effective repair is to replace the carrier itself (circa £140.00), alternatively, you can drill, tap and insert a helicoil for an acceptable repair - this is not recommended though!

blue skies
tony

Stripped threads on the calliper slider pins is quite a common problem. Unfortunately the 'carriers' are part of the wheel hub and not a separate casting. It is possible to helicoil the offending thread but it is a tricky job to drill and tap the stripped hole dead square. - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?28067-New-Front-Brakes&p=227521#post227521

Many years ago I had the same problem and fitted an new hub casting and wheel bearing. It was nearly £200 at the time but suspect it would be a lot more expensive now.

Cheers Spike

PS. Tony must be a faster at typing than me.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony
Is the @£140 price including the labour or just the carrier itself, planned on doing this myself with a little guidance.

Back