Washer jet removal & cleaning

kp 115

A2OC Donor
Is there a method for the removal & cleaning of the early (2001) washer jets ?as I have 1 only just hitting the screen & the other one with no water at all,
I don't want to replace with the twin jet at the moment.

Thanks
Kp115

I Use a sowing pin to poke through the jet hole, that normally works a treat unblocking them, and if you look at the jet you can move it up or down to adjust where the spray hits the screen.

- Gary

I've disconnected the pipe to the jets and used a foot pump (worked by hand) to blow out the jets.
My pump has an adjustable sealing ring on the hose connection and this is a good fit on the pipes. Use an old cushion and piece of wood to support the pump in the engine bay.
The pipes are hard plastic so its worth warming them with hot air gun to make removal (and replacement) easier

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Washer jet removal & cleaning

If you have a steam cleaner with a nozzle attachment then that should work good at clearing it.

Thanks for the replies , I Am looking to remove from the car if possible so I can clean whilst at work, so looking for removal technique if possible.

Remove wiper (you'll need a puller) then the seal, then the scuttle cover. It is involved and long-winded. Do it in-situ, seriously.

- Bret

Note Bret's warning as the scuttle cover is quite fragile. Even though I took great care, I cracked mine while changing over to the later washer jets. That was when the car was only a couple of years old, long before it had aged and got even more brittle with age.

Cheers Spike

I have tried cleaning with a pin & now have working washers, but seem as though they are not as precise as they should be.

Am I right in thinking that the bar on the front of the jet is used to raise & lower the aim of the jet?

Thanks
Keith

I have tried cleaning with a pin & now have working washers, but seem as though they are not as precise as they should be.

Am I right in thinking that the bar on the front of the jet is used to raise & lower the aim of the jet?

Thanks
Keith

Yes it is, I'm looking to change mine as I think there are two types and mine are awful

Back