Speedo + power steering stopped working at the same time

JovanB

Hi to everybody and forgive me for my spelling mistakes
I've tried to find similar topic to my problems, but they are all single problem, so I think this is "something new"

Few days ago my power steering has stopped working, speed gauge (mileage meter also) while rpm meter works. I have noticed that fuel gauge vary when I'm increasing the speed. Diagnostic shows the speed (if that's important)
I have two DTC codes
01309 - Electrohydraulic steering, control unit
- No communication
- Permanent

00562 - Oil sensor
- Short circuit to positive or open circuit
- Permanent

They both came at the same time. On the dashboard I have oil sensor displayed and a wheel displayed.
We had a very strong rain in a past few days and I think I squashed something on the car (is it possible?) because the road was very wet
Do you have any suggestion where I should start checking? Are these wires connected (for power steering and oil level sensor) somehow?

I'm checked oil level in the power steering can and it's OK. Maybe some fuse? I couldn't identify any broken, but I will recheck

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your troubles.

As I am not the most mechanically minded, I will leave the technical advice to one of the forums many gurus.

I hope that you get your problems sorted quickly and without hurting your wallet in the process.

P.S. Spellings are all good... :)

I think the A2 takes it speedo reading from the wheel speed sensor as opposed to the gearbox and the wheel speed will also affect the power steering if its not getting a reading as the power steering control module won't be getting a reading and know how much pressure to place through the steering and therefore stop working.

Please can someone confirm whether this is correct or i'm just spouting rubbish?

Thanks for all, it was a fuse problem (one of these minor fuses)
Replaced the fuse, everything works fine now
Great news.

On that subject, if anyone is having electrical problems and is checking their fuses, do not rely on a visual check.
The design of these fuses is supposed to be such that when they blow the fuse metal disappears or clearly has a gap.
But on several occasions I have spent many hours investigating electrical problems on a car (especially the A2 with the tiny fuses) only to find that the very first thing I checked (the fuse) was the cause and although it looked OK it wasn't.

So if you want to check a fuse, either use a multimeter or swap the fuse for a new one, don't just use a visual check.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back