Replacing Chorus head unit in an '02 1.4

Matt Scarbro

A2OC Donor
Go steady with me here gents, I'm aware this sort of question has likely been asked before, my searching shows it has but seems to be a bit of a minefield for those new to the marque like me!

So I've bought an '02 1.4 and would like to fit a Bluetooth enabled JVC head unit that came out of my previous car.

The current head unit is a Chorus model.

I'm hoping there's a simple harness adapter I can use as I have done in other cars but understand things may be complicated by can bus wiring.

Anyone care to share a link to a harness adapter if such a thing exists?

Thanks in advance!

In case anyone stumbles upon this thread whilst searching...

I bought PC9-401 Autoleads harness adaptor.

Research told me not to expect it to be a case of plug and play due to the can bus wiring.

The majority of the harness was correct and plugged straight in though the head unit would not power up.

I removed the heater control panel to reveal the switched live (thick white) wire others have tapped into.

At this point I decided I didn't want to do that and instead used a fuse splitter and took a live from the cruise control mini fuse in the fuse box to the right of the steering column.

I attached this to the red switched positive at the head unit. I also needed to swap the red wire from the harness adaptor with the yellow so that it connected to the yellow permanent live at the head unit.

The head unit now powers up when the ignition is turned on and turns off with the ignition. It also stores settings when the ignition is off and car is locked. Success! :)

Reactions: A2!
Back