Terminals for door harness plugs

GuruX

A2OC Donor
I'm in the middle of wiring up and installing rear speakers on my car. Progress has been quite good this far, but I'm missing the right terminal for adding speaker wires to the door connector block. This is what I'm talking about. The picture is not from an A2, but it looks very similar.
door20.jpg

And the connector looks pretty much like this. This is from an A4 2001.
DoorConnector.jpg

What I need are the crimp terminals, male and female that goes in the top spot. The bigger one. Just below where it's marked "TOP" in the picture.
Does anyone have an idea of what size and/or make I have to get, to have it fit in the connector blocks?

A good starting point is to find the part number of the connector block but it's difficult from the pictures to work out if its the door side or pillar side you need.
This is a diagram for the door wiring - http://vagpart.com/audi/audi-a2-a2-eu-2001-97236-wiring-set-for-door/
To add complication, the connector seems to have changed from 10 to 20 pins sometime in 2001.

Audi don't seem to sell individual crimp terminals but supply 'repair wires' which is a short length of wire with a terminal crimped on each end. It should be fairly easy to work out the correct repair wires once you have the terminal block p/n

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike!

I need the male and female terminals. To clarify, this is what they might look like. There's a male one in the connector block on the pillar and female ones on the door side connector block. I just need them in the right size.

107081406_885.jpg

I have the 10 pin blocks on my car. Eight smaller terminals in the block, and then two larger terminals. I think that the two larger terminals are for speaker wiring. This is what it looks like. The part no is 8Z0 972 701.

eng_pl_CONNECTOR-CONTACT-PLUG-VW-AUDI-SKODA-SEAT-8Z0972701-15235_1.jpg

After some digging in ETKA, i found some repair wires with not a lot of info. I'll have to Google the part numbers and see if I can find a suitable cable with some info. My hope was that some of the loom builders here had the info handy. I think I read somewhere that there are two sizes that are common on the A2. The larger one and the smaller one. I just need their size in mm, or something like that.

It may not help a lot but if you have access to ETKA, there are illustrations of all the terminals for the repair wires.

From the A2 page, scroll down all the dialogue boxes and select the following -

MODEL - EL
YEAR - 1947(-)
MG - 9
SG - 71
ILLUSTRATION - 979-030

Cheers Spike

After a lot of Googling reading stuff that didn't make me any wiser, I found this page.
http://www.c-j-l.net/Home/automotive/audi/electrical

The terminals on the connectors seems to made by Tyco, formerly known as AMP. The connectors I need are probably the second largest on that page, known as Junior Power Timer (JPT). Now I need to find a good eBay or AliExpress listing for the terminals. Will be back later when I get them.

The terminals from AliExpress arrived and I went out to mount them. Adding a speaker cable to the current loom was quite a pig job. The current loom is nicely wrapped with the textile tape to all the rubbers bushings(?) through the holes in the door. It needs to be unwrapped partly, for adding extra wires. Removing the door is recommended.

The terminals I ordered did not work, they were too small. So, rather than ordering more terminals right now, I'll go to the local junkyard to look for some. We're still on the hunt for an engine for Amy, so I have another reason to visit the junkyard.

Back