Another question - Alarm light on door flashing when not locked?

Mophim

Hello.
Further to my battery draining woes in a thread further down, I've taken my CCCU out totally from under the passenger floor.
Battery is still going flat.
What I've noticed is that the small red light on top of the drivers door is flashing as though the car is locked & alarm armed when it isn't armed or locked (can't lock it as the CCCU module controls central locking.)

Why might this be?

Seems like I'm going to have to remove all the fuses again & see what's happening. : )

I'm really fed up. I think this car is jinxed. Every problem I solve seems to create brand new ones!!

Yes, you can lock it, and the red LED flashes when the doors are locked and the car is in a "light sleep" mode. What errors do you see on a scan?

How much is the drain?

- Bret

Thanks for the reply. None of the doors are locked. I can open them all but the red light is flashing.
The drain was approx. 0.45 before removing the CCCU. Once this was done, it dropped to around 0.10 - 0.08 (not sure of the scale but this is amps)

I'm not sure what it might be now as I've not checked again & I've only just found the battery dead again.
Because of the red light, I'm wondering if the alarm is doing something it shouldn't??

Last edited:
yep, I'd kill the alarm and then check that all of the microswitches are 100% "in Ordnung!"

including the one on the bonnet.

- Bret

Hello. Just an update on this issue as well as one for another thread that was related ( http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...Battery-Drain-Fuses-36-amp-42-Central-Locking )
Sorry for repeating myself and crossing threads but I think it's relevant.

After totally removing the CCCU unit from under the passenger side footwell (to try and resolve the battery draining issue in the other thread) the alarm light (top of the drivers door) was constantly flashing even though the car wasn't locked and the battery was still draining.

I discovered 2 things:
1. I reconnected the CCCU and that stopped the alarm light flashing.
2. During my tests on the battery drain, I checked the battery voltage as well as the alternator voltage. These were initially both fine. However, after disconnecting the CCCU I assumed both battery & alternator were still fine so didn't check again.
However, I decided to recheck and discovered that I'd blown the voltage regulator (on the alternator), probably whilst doing earlier tests, meaning the alternator was no longer charging the battery. This is why, after removing the CCCU, I was still having problems which didn't fit my previous diagnosis.
£13 later and a new voltage regulator was fitted, charging was back to normal and battery was fine.
Also, I tapped the CCCU gentle before refitting as I've had sticking relays in the past (this car has been sat a while before we bought it)
Basically, after doing all this, the battery no longer drains, locked or unlocked, so looks like problems is solved (hopefully for good)

I think the voltage regulator got damaged as a result of accidentally starting the car with the battery terminal not on properly when I was continually checking voltage & amps.
So, my main advice is - Don't run the car with the battery disconnected as this will probably fry the voltage regulator.

Phew!!

Back