Audi A2 Chorus Sound System, no rear sound

Hi all

I just picked up my 2001 Audi A2 today and love it!

However, there is no sound coming from the rear speakers, having followed the instructions in the Chorus manual, and it states to press the Tone button, and scroll through Bass, Treble, then fader should appear, but it doesn't and the next entry is Balance.

Seems like somethings wrong to me.....

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hello Joe and welcome,

The 2001 model year A2 had front speakers only - the rears were optional extras I'm afraid.

They can be added on for a reasonable price however, but it's not a particularly straight-forward job.

Cheers,

Mike

Awwwww, thanks for that.

Any ideas on price or a website where I might be able to find the instructions, etc....

Cheers

Joe

Hello Joe and welcome,

The 2001 model year A2 had front speakers only - the rears were optional extras I'm afraid.

They can be added on for a reasonable price however, but it's not a particularly straight-forward job.

Cheers,

Mike

The speakers are around £27 each and the tweeters £23. youll need some wiring and and amp to get the speakers working if your keeping the audi chrous unit.

Right, Speakers in the rear was an option. You have them, if you have the small AMP under the drivers footwell (right side, in germany it is the passengers side). You can remove the carpet under the footwell and open a box there.

Hi, thanks for your responses, very useful.

One last questions if I may. And it's probably a stupid question too.

Even if there are no speakers fitted in the rear doors, will the wiring be present? Just to get an amp, fit it in the floor space as mentioned above, and fit some speakers?

I think you'll tell me the answer is no, the wiring will not be present, but I thought I'd check.

Cheers in advance

Joe

You will need the wiring, the speakers and an amp.

The tweeters are £28.49 each (part number 8Z0 035 399), the woofers are £31.20 (8Z0 035 411) and the amp is now discontinued! However, don't worry, if you want one, I have the one removed from my car when I did a Bose upgrade.

Cheers,

Mike

Sorry one last questions about the radio, I promise....

Am looking at ipodcarkitdirect dot com, and have found a good (I believe) solution to connecting my ipod and bluetooth phone to my existing Chorus radio, that was fitted in the car.

When I order this, it's giving me the options of connections:

Audi Chorus Radios (12 pin quadlock)
Audi Chorus Radios (20 pin ISO)

I know that I could easily remove the radio, and am getting the tools to remove it, but in advance of this, (I want to order this), was wondering if anyone knew which comes as standard in an Audi A2 2001 1.4tdi.

Your help is gratefully received.

Cheers

Joe

Back