Air Vent help

A

AMG

Hi everyone:),

I would like some help on how to take apart (without braking:D) the side Air vents as well as the middle ones:confused:. Anyone with a procedure or pictures?
Of course, it is an A2. 2004, 90PS, Air and RNS-D if that can be of any good.

Further, I don't want to dismantle the whole dash:p!!!
Any idea welcome.

Thanks for the help.

DJ

The side vents are integrated into the front dash. I can take a look tonight and see how they can be removed. Otherwise the center vent can be removed easily. Remove your RNS, you should see two T20 screws holding the vent and hazard warning light switch. Unscrew to remove, but watch out the cable connecting the warning light switch, detach before yanking the whole thing out.

The side vents are absolute b****rs to remove!

They are held in by 4 metal clips and will almost certainly break them off as you remove them. There's no easy way other than getting a thin blade in there and working them loose.

Cheers,

Mike

^^ what he said. I ended up using a 30cm long screwdriver to get my passenger side one out...

take the lightswitch out for that one and the glovebox for the other. you can then get to them from underneath IIRC.

Bret

Air Vent removal

:)Thanks all. Great help as usual / always.

Will remove the vents to glue a aluminium type of foil over them. The dash will be a bit brighter and will be kind of a continuity with the door handles, the glove box opener and the speedo rings.
we'll see what gives. Got done with those from Ebay. thought it was real aluminium not just foil. Looks OK I guess so I'll try them on. Would like something like in the A4 all around the door panels and dashboard. I am too fussy!!!

Thanks again,
DJ

:)Thanks all. Great help as usual / always.

Will remove the vents to glue a aluminium type of foil over them. The dash will be a bit brighter and will be kind of a continuity with the door handles, the glove box opener and the speedo rings.
we'll see what gives. Got done with those from Ebay. thought it was real aluminium not just foil. Looks OK I guess so I'll try them on. Would like something like in the A4 all around the door panels and dashboard. I am too fussy!!!

Thanks again,
DJ

Hey there

Show us the pics when ur done buddy:D;)

Cheer,

A2sport

The side vents are absolute ******s to remove!

They are held in by 4 metal clips and will almost certainly break them off as you remove them. There's no easy way other than getting a thin blade in there and working them loose.

Cheers,

Mike

My drivers side vent is broken beyond repair. I have a new one so don't mind breaking it to remove it.

Is fitting a new one easier?

Anyone????

Sorry Ratch, but I can't help with this one. I've taken the centre vents out, but never those at the extreme ends of the dash. I'm familiar with almost every section of the A2's interior, but there are places that remain unexplored by me.
Other than a couple of Torx25s beneath the cup holders, the centre vents are just held in with clips. I imagine that's the case for the side vents, but I can't be certain.

Someone here must have a definitive answer...?

Tom

I've replied to RR's PM, but for the benefit of all, the end vents are held in solely by 4 metal clips. These are absolute swines to get out and in doing so, you'll likely as not break them and/or the vent. There are 2 clips per side and they're not reachable from the front and only 2 of them are reachable from the rear, when you either remove the glovebox, or the lower dash trim and light switch.

Fitting a new vent is simple and it just slides straight in, with a satisfying click.

Cheers,

Mike

Back