G201 brake pressure sensor 01435

megapup0

Hi, can anyone help i am trying to find the g201 sensor on a tdi 03, abs light/traction contol lights on vag diagnostic code

01435 brake pressure sensor g201
012 - electrical fault in circuit

the switch is not located on the master cylinder ?

Cheers

gaz

Hi Gaz
There are 2 brake pressure sensors on the underside of the reservoir/master cylinder.
One is G201 and the other G204. The parts should be identical but I'm not sure which is which.
If you have not already checked, RossTech give a good description of the fault code
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/01435

Cheers Spike

Hi Thanks for that the ross tech site talks about setting up the abs unit but does'nt give any instruction any ideas, my a2 (51) has a sensor (g201) on the master cylinder my friends a2 (03) who has the problem does'nt have this switch i think on later models it might be part of the abs unit (£1300:mad:).

Gaz

Abs/Traction/Brake warning lights all on.

We've got a the lot on, like a christmas tree. Bosch boffin says fault code 01435 means abs pressure sensor inside abs unit failed. -£1146 odd plus vat and £200 plus vat to fit and code. Evidently it's a Teves unit which I believe is French, which explains the stratospheric price. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. As car has barely clicked up 20k we hope to get some major contrib from Audi, will advise. Happy to install s/h part if anyone knows of one.

Hi to anyone searching regarding similar problems, thought I'd add my problem and subsequent solution to similar problem.....

Had the ABS/Traction/RED brake DIS waring light up on our 2001 petrol A2.

MK20 ABS unit (early type, later MK60)

I have VCDS (VAGCOM) diagnostics, told me problem with pressure sensor 2 G214.

Was told by VW parts guy I know, he never sells these, so must not be a common 'fault' (APPROX £76)

After much searhing and reading on the net, I decided it was most probably the ABS control unit so took a chance and sent to ECUtesting.com (EXCELLENT SERVICE BTW). They came back with it was NOT at fault.

After more seraching on net, decided to go with a new BRAKE PRESSURE SENSOR ON THE MASTER CYLINDER - THIS WORKED !!! :)

Just a couple of pointers, the fault was on G214, now my workshop info shows G214 being the rearmost sensor on the master cylinder, NOT the case for me anyhow.

Also took a couple of moments for the ECU to acknowledge all OK.

Testing can be done before removal of old sensor, I plugged in new one without fitting it, why......

The VCDS gives parameters of what the pressure of the switch should be (+/-7bar) I had one in tolerance, the other (G214) was around +20 bar (reading is when car has NO brake pressure applied - i.e. at rest).

So I change the switch that was out of range (for me the front most one) and HAS WORKED !

Has cost me my time plust £65 test of ABS module and I got a new sensor off EBAY for £49 posted)

Car all abck to normal.

Happy motoring :)

Angelo

There seems to be conflicting info on the precise location of the G201 sensor as post 5 suggests. If you can do a scan the just unplug the connector on the suspect one and see which the readout identifies.

Cheers Spike

If you just disconnect the prime suspect, that should throw up a fault code and specify which sensor is affected. If necessary, put the wires back on then disconnect the other one and repeat the process to confirm which is the G201 sensor.

Cheers Spike

If you just disconnect the prime suspect, that should throw up a fault code and specify which sensor is affected. If necessary, put the wires back on then disconnect the other one and repeat the process to confirm which is the G201 sensor.

Cheers Spike

Great thanks. I'll post findings once I get round to sorting this

Back