Audi Manager/Mechanic

Mr Angry

A2OC Donor
Hi Guys

still havent sorted out my electrical problem yet lol anyways..... i got talking to an audi manager where i work as i spotted the audi logo on his jumper and told him my problem who said that if you phone and speak to this person he could sort out my problem for me! when i spoke to the head mechanic at audi where this guy works he said bring your car in early monday and i will have a look at it. having asked him how much it would cost he replied " we will sort that out later, i will also check your CCU unit and get it recoded for you!" :)

since i work for an electrical retail company im assuming he wants a favour in return ie. discounts which im happy to do! good things come to those who wait, although my wait has been long overdue :p

will let you know the outcome of my problem and will post how much they charge (or if its a freebie) to see if i was ripped off but im assuming he will do a good job......i hope :)

its good to talk BS lol

regards me

hi

now that ive had my audi checked out by the head mechanic at audi....he didnt charge me anything for diagnosing any problems today wotsoever however, he said that there is definately a clean break in the wiring from the door to door switchas he did all the testing. he said that i probably need a new door switch and new wiring loom at a cost of around £120 for parts and £100 for labour maybe less so about £225 total and not to forget the recoding of my 2 keys and CCU unit :), so with everyones experience at servicing there audis within this forum......is this a good price?

if im right in saying i think grim reaper said that the door strip is a big job just to replace the door switch and would be glad that its in safe hands......i hope!!!!

ive to take it in next monday as it will be in all day to get fixed!

kind regards me

I think the door strip is a big job to get to the catch (if you are not mechanicly minded or done it before), its nearly as big a job but the window doesn't have to come out. doesn't sound to bad price wise for what they are doing (at a stealer)lol

Cheers Phil

well i got my car fixed!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

took it to the audi garage today and it turns out that it was wiring loom and door switch! he also coded my new CCU to match my 2 keys and also fixed my radio as i was having intermittent problems with the DAB radio, this was my fault as i fitted a blutooth adapter for the blaupunkt woodstock dab radio where i had sheared off a wire or 2 when i pushed unit back into slot.

how much did this cost me......£200 parts & labour he did say that it would cost around £500 -600 if this was done properly (is this true?)however, this was a job on the side as it didnt go through the books ;) dont care if he pockets it all.........I GOT IT FIXED lol and if ive got any more problems ive just to give him a call :D

hi guys

ive not been on for a while....anyhoos ive got the same problem with my electrics again 2 years after this was fixed. the drivers door, diesel release cap and electric windows dont work. having read my thread again is there anything i can do to check this fault myself? apparently there was a break in the wiring loom or a fault somewhere but im open to any suggestions to get this fixed and fast since the bad weather is coming in.

kind regards

cameron

Back